Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Mediterranean Diet- Help me stay accountable!
Previous  1  2  3  4

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:39 pm
Bh good for you.
Look doctors have differing opinions.
Once it was widely spread belief that the saturated fats & cholesterol bring on heart disease.
I remember when the hype was this way in the 80's 90's.
Mom swapped butter to margarine. We limited cream cheese/ sour cream these were the bad guys.
We swapped red meat for chicken or turkey. Took off the skin from chicken.
Marrow bones/shmaltz was the poison.
Even for diet avocado/nuts/cheese was limited.
There was limit of 3 eggs per week to avoid hi cholesterol.
Food pyramid was mainly carbs to get nutrition. Other things were more limited.
Well slowly doctors are changing & going along with new research.
Triglycerides are fats in arteries. So once it was believed the cholesterol clogs up the arteries.
Well I went to cardiologist for my hi triglycerides & lo & behold he told me to go low carb. After 3 months going low carb my trig slashed in half & after 6 mos in 1/4. My cholesterol went down too.
I was eating plenty eggs & protein. Atkins style diet.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:52 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
I'm curious- are you a dr? My dr felt very strongly that mostly plant based foods are best, in addition to lean proteins. My labs have gotten better although not perfect. I am hoping when I go in a few weeks they will be even better IYH. Please realize you are talking to a human being here who has been through the ringer medically and is living with this condition. When you say everything I have been told is wrong and I am hurting myself, it is very scary. I am going to stick with what my dr said, but just know that the comments that I am eating wrong and my dr is misleading me has unleashed a lot of anxiety.

Look at the link I posted. He is my doctor who specializes in metabolic diseases. He fully explains fatty liver there. Show your doctor. My doctor heals people with diabetes and metabolic diseases including fatty liver. Puts them in remission. Thousands of people. I’m not exaggerating.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:04 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
I'm curious- are you a dr? My dr felt very strongly that mostly plant based foods are best, in addition to lean proteins. My labs have gotten better although not perfect. I am hoping when I go in a few weeks they will be even better IYH. Please realize you are talking to a human being here who has been through the ringer medically and is living with this condition. When you say everything I have been told is wrong and I am hurting myself, it is very scary. I am going to stick with what my dr said, but just know that the comments that I am eating wrong and my dr is misleading me has unleashed a lot of anxiety.

Unfortunately, we have all been sold a bill of goods. 52% of Americans are either diabetic or prediabetic. Before low fat, hi carb, it was 10%. We should not just be anxious. We should be ANGRY. Angry that we were giventhe wrong information for two generations. Angry that it wasn’t heart disease that was the problem, it was sugar. Angry that fat was good for us and we were told not to eat it.

Mediterranean is better than low fat hi carb. It’s better because of the fat. If you want to get really better, do your research. Challenge your doctor.

I no longer have a fatty liver. I am no longer diabetic. I no longer have retinopathy, a diabetic complication. And I no longer crave food. I eat when I’m hungry. I’ve lost and been maintaining a weight loss of 80-85 pounds for a year now. I’ve been doing this for a year and almost ten months straight.

Excellent resources are ‘the big fat surprise’ by Nina teicholz and both the obesity code and diabetes code by dr. Jason Fung. I am angry that I suffered for so long because I tried so hard to do what I was supposed to. I am angry at the diabetes and resulting heart disease in my family that killed my grandparents. Because we were told to do the exact opposite of what we needed.

We should be scared. And we should be questioning. So, I’m not sorry I gave you this information. I hope it helps you. Find what works for you. For sure. Learn as much as you can and help yourself too. You can be your own best advocate.

rachel0615

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:07 am
Hi Everyone,

I took some time away from this thread because the negativity got to me. But I am back!

Yesterday I hate:

B- apple with almond and peanutbutter

Lunch was veggies in tomato sauce with 1/4 cup of pasta

D was 1 piece of challah, roasted caulifower and spinach salad, roasted sweet potatoes and brown rice with a chicken thigh. Super yum!

Today I stayed pretty on track which I am happy about. I spoke to my dr about my epically slow weight loss and he suggested only having a carb carb ie pasta, rice at 1 meal per day. So gonna give that a try.

Most importantly, I got my liver results and...They are down from December and BACK IN THE NORMAL RANGE!! Baruch Hashem! So relieved!

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:13 am
Bh for your good results

Cheshire cat

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:19 am
Wow! I'm so happy for you!

That is a tremendous and uplifting accomplishment.

I hope the great news re your health gives you chizzuk to continue.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise