Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 7:55 pm
I have had a chronic illness for several years and every yom tov where there is some sort of chiyuv -- megillah, shofar, parshas zachor, etc. -- my friend's son comes over and does it for me. He does it in the sweetest manner, as if after a long day of rosh hashana davening, or after layning in shul , he can't conceive of anything nicer than coming to my house and doing it again, for me. I was thinking today that would like to get him a present. This is a yeshivish boy and a budding talmud chacham (for real), but I have known him his whole life, so while I wouldn't want to get something very personal, there is a tiny bit of leeway. (He says I am his honorary aunt. Smile ) Ideas?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:04 pm
Maybe a gift card at a judaica/seforim store with a note attached? This way he can pick out the seforim he wants..

thanks

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:06 pm
How about a stamp with his name so he could put it in all his sefarim? You can order that in the sefarim store.

singleagain

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:50 pm
Does he have a nice megillah/shofar bag. You can personalize them also?

dankbar

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 9:55 pm
Personalized shtender. Watch. Wallet. Nice pen. Sansa clip or recorder for shiurim. Shabbos alarm clock.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics