Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO Baltimore activities with preschoolers

Optione

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 10:32 pm
Hi! I'm looking for suggestions of what to do with preschoolers, both indoors and outdoors, in the Baltimore area. Also, what are some nice playgrounds? Budget friendly please.
Thank you!!

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:59 am
not necessarily cheap, but good:
baltimore zoo
port discovery

outdoors and free:
centennial park, columbia
annie's playground
irvine nature center
oregon ridge nature center

baltomom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:04 am
Storyville at 2 public libraries (free)
or similarly, J Town at the Park Heights JCC (I think it's free for non-members in the afternoon)
Bas Melech open gym (something like $5 per child but a limit per family)

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:09 am
Port Discovery and the Science Museum are both amazing. The Aquarium is also popular, though expensive. There are also ships and submarines in the Inner Harbor that can be toured, along with paddleboat rentals. Fort McHenry is cool, though better for older children.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 6:27 am
Bubbalas is an indoor play area for young kids with a ball pit, slow rides, trampoline, etc. I think it's $13 a child and a bit less for each additional. It's in the same plaza as Goldberg's bagels and Mamma Leah's pizza.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 6:56 am
Look on Groupon and Certifikid for bubala discounts (though honestly I think it's best for the 3 and under age). There's hyperkids in Columbia, Maryland which is much bigger and better (they also occasionally have discounts on certifikid or random deal days.

As others have said, the nature centers are good. Annie's Playground and Angel's Park Playground.

The libraries have a preschool story time once a week for a half hour.

Do you live here or you're visiting? If you'll be visiting- when will it be? During the summer (starting in April) the first Thursday of every month from 10-12 is tot time at the White Marsh Avenue- they have booths and fun stuff for little kids to do for free, face painting, bubbles, etc. My son loved it last year. http://www.theavenueatwhitemar.....1000/

there are websites you can look at to find out what is happening each day/week- if any special events are taking place or whatever (google "things to do with kids in Baltimore _____ 2019)-put the name of the month you're looking for in the blank. coolprogeny.com and Baltimoreschild.com are 2 websites I'd recommend.

The zoo is fun. Port Discovery is OK- it's fun but was starting to look worn down. They've done updates to it so anyone that's been recently can tell you if it's made a difference.

Kiddie Crusoe is cute but expensive. Play area, small indoor playground area and bouncy house area.

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 7:26 am
Port Discovery is under construction but still has parts of it open. This is not the best time to go.

Annies Playground is the best outdoor playground ever! Its about 40 mins from Baltimore. Storyville is also amazing and free... can be crowded during peek times.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:59 am
I really like the JCC Owings Mills playground--- but I think policy changed the last couple years and now guests can only get in with a member- worth checking.

Optione

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:01 am
Amazing! We will be there Pesach time. I will look back at these posts when I have time and will update with questions. Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics