Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Unclaimed funds- your money might just be sitting there
Previous  1  2  3

devo1982

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:56 am
I just checked again a few weeks ago and found that I had $147 from a closed bank account. Timely too, as we now have unexpected moving expenses to contend with. The check came the other day (Massachusetts). I also found that my friend had an unclaimed refund check. The last time we did this, DH's aunt and cousin had unclaimed funds. They advertise on the radio constantly here: Find Mass Money.

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:11 am
Another poster here using my SN to say that I've successfully used it to reclaim old $. It may not be a fortune, but every bit helps, and it's run by the government and 100% legit.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:24 am
I got. $34 check. A company I sued to work for a few years ago....

Now I checked my family's name and im going to call my dad.
I just found my mother's name and address on there and my paternal grandfather's name and address. (He is deceased)

yo'ma

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:47 am
pause wrote:
I have unclaimed funds but for some reason, after I put in all my info, the site said I cannot claim these funds online; I need to send in a mail-in form. I can't be bothered.

Same here.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:48 am
yo'ma wrote:
Same here.

I was able to do it online for 2/3. The third said only by mail. I wonder if it’s a different type of money owed so they want more proof

NewYorkgal31

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:02 pm
I just did it but it didn’t tell me how much

el2cg

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:46 am
Just wanted to let you know that I read this thread and decided to check the website. It showed that my husband had money. I filled out the information, and we just recieved a check for $891! My husband has no memory of ever having a bank account by this bank.

2cents

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:57 am
I checked the website because of this thread and got a check yesterday for $70- much faster than the 4 to 6 weeks they said it would take. There's one more unclaimed fund in my name, but it has to be mail in.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:37 pm
Wow ladies! Thank you so much! The first check came and it was a lot of money!! I don’t even know from where but straight from hashem with you ladies as shluchos! Thanks again!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:08 pm
Has anyone else found money lately?

If yes, how much?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:24 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Has anyone else found money lately?

If yes, how much?

Thanks for reminding me about this.
I just found that my husband , my sister and my father in law are all due funds and I let them know

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:16 am
Can someone in NJ help me?

When I looked it up my name came up with an old address I used to rent in. It asked if I’m the home owner but I’m obviously not.

Is this the right place? https://unclaimedfunds.nj.gov/.....earch

These are the options but I’m none of these:
CLAIMANT RELATIONSHIP DESCRIPTIONS:

Owner: You are the reported owner of the property listed.
Heir: You are the rightful heir or the estate representative for the reported owner who is deceased.
Legal Representative: You are legally authorized to function on behalf of the reported owner. (Examples: Power of Attorney, Guardian, Custodian, Trustee)
Business: You are the authorized signatory of the business.
Creditor: You are the authorized signatory of plaintiff creditor authorized by statute or court order requesting unclaimed property belonging to a debtor.
Third Party Locator: You have entered into an agreement with the reported owner and are authorized to assist in the recovery of funds.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:34 am
Is it only for NJ? I used a different state’s website and every name I put in it said had nothing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics