Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
To all the ladies with big or huge foreheads!

IMO

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:07 pm
Hi there!
I have a MASSIVE forehead, all the sheitelmachers comment.
I’m buying a new sheitel and the lady recommended that I wear the wig lower down on my forehead, below the hairline, so that the cap fits me better on the sides. Besides, I agree with her that I will look better with a smaller forehead.
Do any of you do that?
It’s hard to me to visualise what it will look like when it’s not just an empty wig cap - does it look normal?
It’s not a lace front etc, just a standard wig with wispy, side swept bangs.

Thanks all!

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:14 pm
I have a high forehead. It's an advantage when wearing a wig. Many people get electrolysis to raise their foreheads.

IMO

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:46 pm
Squishy wrote:
I have a high forehead. It's an advantage when wearing a wig. Many people get electrolysis to raise their foreheads.

So do you wear your wig on the actual hairline then?
I have more than a high forehead. It’s massive. Almost 8 finger widths.
I could never wear a lace front or similar style. I don’t think my forehead is an advantage.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:02 pm
You should try on a full wig a bit lower than the hairline, before you make such a decision.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You should try on a full wig a bit lower than the hairline, before you make such a decision.

THIS, and make sure that your stylist knows how to cut bangs so that they will be the most flattering. Making bangs right is an art all unto itself, so go to the best. It will make a world of difference.

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:43 pm
IMO wrote:
So do you wear your wig on the actual hairline then?
I have more than a high forehead. It’s massive. Almost 8 finger widths.
I could never wear a lace front or similar style. I don’t think my forehead is an advantage.

8 fingers puts your forehead line on the top of your head. I think the fact you wear sheitals is great. Definitely not lace fronts.

Try on some pre cut wigs before you invest in a custom sheital.

IMO

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:48 pm
Thanks for all the tips ladies!
I’m surprised that there’s no one else in the same boat as me!

Metukah

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 12:23 am
I have an extremely high forehead.

I actually wear some of my wigs a little lower down, because sometimes it just looks like I'm bald and my wig is too far back. It's almost too high to loook natural (just checked, almost 8 of my fat fingers wide).

You've got to try it though, because it's not that comfortable. When I do wear it lower its no more than half inch, maybe even less.

I have had a few wigs made for me. I have never been advised to make the cap fit lower down the forehead.

IMO

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 12:25 am
Metukah wrote:
I have an extremely high forehead.

I actually wear some of my wigs a little lower down, because sometimes it just looks like I'm bald and my wig is too far back. It's almost too high to loook natural (just checked, almost 8 of my fat fingers wide).

You've got to try it though, because it's not that comfortable. When I do wear it lower its no more than half inch, maybe even less.

I have had a few wigs made for me. I have never been advised to make the cap fit lower down the forehead.

Thank you. That’s very helpful!

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 12:36 am
I'm another high-foreheader and agree 100% with Metukah
- it's uncomfortable to wear a sheitel lower than the natural hairline (but I do it anyway, usually with a velvet band which helps with discomfort)
- I didn't get a wig cap specially made for wearing it lower. Although it could be a good idea to do so, now that I think of it. I've a big head in general, so got the cap altered for that.

PS my mom used to say that a big forehead was a sign of intelligence! Wink

Beyla

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 1:19 am
Big big forehead here also and never dit that. I look 100x better in a sheitel than I used to look before I got married because of this : a high forehead is great for wig wearers!

IMO

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:39 am
So what style do you wear beyla and Israeli c?
I can only wear full bangs because with side bangs, you can see this huge expanse of skin where the bangs emanate from if that makes sense!

IMO

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:44 am
Also, does the Sheitel totally cover the sides of your face, enough for you to pin back the hair into half a pony?
I ask because the reason why my sheitelmacher wants to put the cap lower on my forehead is because otherwise, my sides are not totally covered because my hairline on the top is further removed from my face than my hairline on the sides. Does that make sense?
I really really want to be able to finally put my wig up into a half pony!

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:01 am
I wear my sheitel in a side parting (length just above the shoulders). I usually pin back a bit of hair from around my face on both sides. Actually now that you mention it, that is a problem with my sheitel - it doesn't cover my 'peyot' and quite a sizable chunck around them on the sides. Luckily my natural hair is exact same colour as the sheitel so it doesn't look weird if it becomes visible, but I do try to cover this up

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:12 am
(It's funny because I also have a very high forehead and last week I though about writing here a post about it)

For the moment I only have wigs with full bangs. I can pin the hair in a half pony because I have had a lot of baby hair added next to the ears and it looks really really natural.
I've started looking for a new wig style and from what I've found, the best solution for me is to take a natural frontline (not especially lower) with lots of baby hair and also that the hair at the beginning should be brushed toward the front as if it's some very long side bangs. Hope you get what I'm saying lol 😂

Angel

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 10:26 am
Same here, also have a very high one but its only affects me when I wear my sheitel pinned to the back (than I wear it 1/2" lower). Because of that I also believe I look better in wig.
If you are cutting bangs, I dont recommend wearing your sheitel lower, I am always uncomfortable since I feel like it doesnt sit right.

Frumme

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:40 am
Yeah my forehead is also big-- not crazy high, but maybe 5 fingers. I definitely looked better and the sheitel felt more secure when I wore it yesterday about 1-2 fingers lower than my natural hairline. I was finally able to clip it into the right place! Lol. But it was definitely not the most comfortable... maybe I'll just have to get used to it :/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels