Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Peelers that peel tomatoes, where can I buy or order online

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:00 pm
We peel all our veggies on Pesach. I have a great "potato" peeler, but it does not work on tomatoes. I was told you need a special type of peeler to do tomatoes with. Can anyone tell me if they ever heard of this, and if so, what brand of peeler works or them and where can I purchase it, either in Michigan or online. Thanx!

esuss

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:08 pm
I recently bought soft fruit peeler made by oxo from target. It would work on tomatoes. It comes as a set of three peelers for about $15.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:31 pm
https://www.geargoodies.com/pr.....p_p_x

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:44 pm
Actually the trick to peeling tomatoes is to poach them for about one minute and then the skin slips off easily. You immediately put in ice cold water so the tomato doesn't become cooked.

rdmom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:51 pm
Zyliss company makes them. They are really good. I use them for peppers all year round too.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:52 pm
Most people don't want to start boiling water on YT in order to cut a salad. But if you do go the boiling route, score an x in the tomato with a knife before dropping in to the boiling water.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:57 pm
If a tomatoe is very firm using a regular peeler is the neatest and simplest way to go. Just buy very firm beef tomatoes.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:21 pm
Try a serrated peeler. I got mine on Amazon. Haven't tried it yet for tomatoes, but it's great for peaches - no more blanching.

happymom123

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:29 pm
Use a regular peeler and move the peeler side to side as you peel. The peel will come off smoothly

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:38 pm
amother wrote:
Try a serrated peeler. I got mine on Amazon. Haven't tried it yet for tomatoes, but it's great for peaches - no more blanching.

That's what she's referring to. Op, you want a serrated peeler. That's what I use on Pesach.
Kuhn Rikon Piranha Swivel Peeler, Green/Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....PGVRT

OXO 11259000 Good Grips Prep Serrated Y-Peeler One size black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L.....295G1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen