Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Pleeease can s1 help me how to wrap w cellophane??

zoom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:34 pm
Hi
Im trying to wrap up my shlach monos w cellophane and I have a round base w a few items stuck on. iv put a large piece of cellophane underneath but iv got no idea how to tie it all without looking messy..please can anyone help me how to do it?? never done this before..
youtube is blocked on my computer so cant see ne help videos.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:45 pm
I’d buy cellophane bags if you can. Much easier and neater.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:45 pm
You can close it in different ways.
Cellophane bags are easier to work with.
However , if your item is on the cellophane, lift the front and back pieces and bring them together . You can either scrunch it into the center where you can put a piece of tape around the gathered pieces and put a ribbon on top. The sides can stay open or you can gently fold it over and under and tape on the bottom.
Or bring the corners together and staple the two sides together and put a ribbon or bow on both sides at the top.
It's hard to give verbal directions without showing you. Maybe someone can articulate it better than I could

top mom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:47 pm
Don't know if you have this option, but I only use the large cellophane bags, so much more practical, and they come in all sizes
Good luck!

Oops

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:50 pm
Put most of the cello. behind the base, and leave for the front just enough to reach above the MM. Hold up both sides (fronf & back) and staple the front to the back. Fold over the slack and staple to the top (creating a "stick" of cello. on the top). Fold in the sides and put tape to hold it. Add a nice ribbon.
Boy, this was hard to describe. Hope you understand. TMI

zoom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:13 pm
thanks alot! not sure if I got that all but will give it a try and reread it!! im not sure what it looks like w cellophane bags...dont know what u mean..I have a few pretty items so thought it would look nicer ona base but not sure what a bag is...
mybe s1 has a picture...?

top mom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:11 pm
A cellophane bag is basically cellophane already attached at the sides, so you have less to deal with.
It is a square or rectangular double piece of cellophane attached on 3 sides, so that only the top is open. You put your tray in, arrange the stuff on it, and close on top.
Hope I'm making a tiny bit of sense Can't Believe It
Hopefully there are better explainers on Imamother

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:19 pm
Or you can shrink wrap. Buy shrink wrap bags & Blow dry it gets compact & tight around your items.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:24 pm
It really helps to have a second person available.

Cut the cellophane into a large square. Place your m"m in the center. Bring the corners together in the middle and gather the sides in. Here's where a second pair of hands is helpful. One person holds the gathered cellophane together right above the platter while the other person tapes it around so it won't fall apart. If you don't have help then cut the tape before starting to wrap so you can grab it with one hand while you hold the cellophane with the other. Once the cellophane is taped then it's easier to add a ribbon to make it look nice.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 6:37 pm
Thunderstorm and other described it well. I'll try also.
Lay our a large square. Going around, name the corners A , B, C & D.
Pick up A and C (across from eachother) and bring together in the center. Pinch together and tape, as if you were tying a ribbon around it, but tape it.
Now you have a "wrapped" package with 2 sides sticking out. Fold and tape the sides down to cover the opening, do not worry about bringing it all the way to the top- this is the key.
Repeat with the other side.
Tie a ribbon around the top to cover the first tape. Viola!
Hatzlacha!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:07 pm
I use a clothespin to keep the gathering closed until I can ribbon it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics