Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ADHD Meds
Previous  1  2

How has the medication experience been for your child?
Totally smooth and great!  
 22%  [ 10 ]
Bumpy but doing well now.  
 27%  [ 12 ]
Tried it and wasn't worth the downsides.  
 25%  [ 11 ]
We won't try it.  
 15%  [ 7 ]
My kid refuses to take it.  
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 44

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:01 am
My son age 10 has been suffering for years. Two years ago he was diagnosed as ASD, mostly for social issues. Recently, we had him diagnosed as ADHD in addition, and have tried medication, which I was against all the way along.
We are trying to finish it just for 2 months, just to say that we are giving it a proper try.
My son is really struggling!
He can't sleep, barely eats except before and after his medication. He is agressive, stressed and has horrible tics.
We are definitely not going to continue. It's definitely not worth the side effects.
In addition I really got a lesson in Emunah now - we tried everything even the last option, and now it is up to Hashem only to help my sweet, clever, talented son, who is suffering so much. (Besides for his mother, who is totally losing it)

Zeleze

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:16 am
R there any naturel remedies, or Maxi Health/Vitamins that mack up for Ritalin and really helped ?

smilethere

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:22 am
Synaptol - I got from USA is quite a help for Adhd. I found it was best for restless children, but if they have serious full fledged Adhd it wasn't a miracle cure.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)