Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you dye your own hair?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:52 am
Not sure if it's worth doing it myself or better to get it done?
I've been putting it off but the white hairs are getting serious.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
Not sure if it's worth doing it myself or better to get it done?
I've been putting it off but the white hairs are getting serious.

I don’t see the need to waste money by having it done professionally. I’ve done that, and also done it myself and I decided to just save the money...can’t see ay difference.

essie14

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:55 pm
I spent a lot of money cutting and coloring my hair when I was single. Now that I am married and cover my hair, I can't justify spending that kind of money. Although I do pull hair into my shaitel and I leave out hair when I am wearing a scarf or hat, so I dye my hair myself. I experimented with a few diff brands until I found one I like and the color matches my shaitel exactly.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 1:02 pm
I’ve dyed my hair blue and purple myself 😁
No one sees it but me, my husband, my kids and my sisters, so I don’t care if it looks perfect. But it makes me happy 💙💜

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 2:58 pm
I Go to the salon every two months to do highlights and get hair cuts. my husband loves it. I even have my wigs colored differently as well. I like different looks each season.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 3:06 pm
I used to do it myself until once some almost went into my eye. And they tell you the stuff is quite dangerous (I use Herbatint which is supposed to be the most natural).

So now I go to my local salon for about $40 every couple of months. She does my eyebrows too! Watch out for those grey eyebrows, ladies!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 6:23 pm
I do my own hair and my eyebrows. I've been doing it for years with no problems at all. Lady

Do your brows darker than your hair, if your hair is light. I have a bottle of brown tint for the brows, and I do auburn for my hair.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 6:40 pm
I get it done professionally. I have done it myself for years. The roots take better if they are gray. You need a good colorist.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 6:45 am
I purchased hair dye for the first time and wondering if I need to use the full sachets of dye and gel or can I use just part of it and save the rest for another time?

Thanks!

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
I purchased hair dye for the first time and wondering if I need to use the full sachets of dye and gel or can I use just part of it and save the rest for another time?

Thanks!

I use half the bottle and I only color the front of my hair. If it's a pouch that you can't seal well I wouldn't save it. It gets ruined when it's exposed to the air.
If you are coloring your whole head you need the full amount. The hair needs to be very saturated with dye.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 12:34 pm
I tried doing it myself when my blonde hair was getting. Even though all the reviews said it won't turn your hair red at all of course mine super ashy hair did... So I recently went to a really nice salon and they took away the red and put a ton of subtle blonde highlights in it and it looks beautiful!! I'm so happy I got it done.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 1:37 pm
I do, but I don't have any grey hair. I dye my light brown hair dark blonde, and I'm very happy with the results.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics