Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Is it proper to give a gift? Giftcard? Or money?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 7:57 pm
My toddler receives Early intervention twice a week. Done by a frum woman twice a week at my house. She is coming on tanis esther. Can I give her money or a gift card. I think a nice present can come out more expensive

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:00 pm
That would be nice! Gift, gift card, or money would be really appreciated! You can insert a card with a gift card or money in her mishloach manos.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:24 pm
My son has a really sweet EI Jewish but not religious therapist. I gave her a Chanukah gift card for $25 and now for Purim I’ve prepared her a nice MM costing about $25 also. I’d love to give more but I know there are $ restrictions on what a therapist can expect.

She really appreciated the gesture.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:27 pm
SuperWify wrote:
My son has a really sweet EI Jewish but not religious therapist. I gave her a Chanukah gift card for $25 and now for Purim I’ve prepared her a nice MM costing about $25 also. I’d love to give more but I know there are $ restrictions on what a therapist can expect.

She really appreciated the gesture.

Don't know about elsewhere but afaik there are no gift restrictions in Brooklyn.

aricelli

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 9:14 pm
I like giving a gift card over money because they somehow feel more like a gift than money and they
look nice as theyre packaged in pretty envelopes

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 1:08 pm
I don't think anyone medical needs a gift

aricelli

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 1:12 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I don't think anyone medical needs a gift

Its not about “needing” its about wanting to show appreciation- I understand that a nice note is the most important part of this but in some circles giving a gift along with the note is quite common

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 1:35 pm
I'm a therapist NOT in NY/NJ and people here don't really have a concept of gifting therapists. Over the years I've gotten very few shalach manos/ gift cards/ gifts from parents, but it's always a nice surprise when it happens. My absolute favorite is a note thanking me for specific areas that the child has progressed in. And it's free Smile

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:06 am
aricelli wrote:
Its not about “needing” its about wanting to show appreciation- I understand that a nice note is the most important part of this but in some circles giving a gift along with the note is quite common

I tried to be nice.

Ok.

I'll be blunt.

Don't gift medical

Frenchfry

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:52 am
Ruchel wrote:
I tried to be nice.

Ok.

I'll be blunt.

Don't gift medical

Why? What am I missing? Is there some sort of ethics code? People gift their OBs all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics