Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
S/o: Hatzala transportation - only Maimonides?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Maybe different hatzolas have different policies. Hatzoula absolutely had a fee for transport. I keep saying this over and over. I am 100% certain of the fee.

How about you post your screen name? I will PM you with which hatzoula has the fee. You can call them and varify, and apologize to me. You are calling me a liar. That's not nice.

The fee was not negotiated at the scene but was mentioned first at a medical referral organization and then again when DH called hatzoula. This seems to not be a one time thing since the medical referral agency knew about it off the cuff.

You posted this on the original thread:
"Hatzoula will only take me to the nearest hospital. I had to call them twice in the last two weeks. I also had a situation where I was flying in and needed to get to Columbia Presbyterian last year. Hatzoula wouldn't take me there except if I paid several hundred dollars, and then they couldn't get me past..."

Seems like you called Hatzaloh in advance for a transport, based on the recommendation of the referral agency, and not in the case of a medical EMERGENCY. Perhaps for prior reservations they DO charge as does any other transport service.
When Hatzolah is called in an EMERGENCY SITUATION they never ask for payment at the scene.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
"Hatzoula will only take me to the nearest hospital. I had to call them twice in the last two weeks. I also had a situation where I was flying in and needed to get to Columbia Presbyterian last year. Hatzoula wouldn't take me there except if I paid several hundred dollars, and then they couldn't get me past..."

Seems like you called Hatzaloh in advance for a transport, based on the recommendation of the referral agency, and not in the case of a medical EMERGENCY. Perhaps for prior reservations they DO charge as does any other transport service.
When Hatzolah is called in an EMERGENCY SITUATION they never ask for payment at the scene.

Firstly, it was a life and death medical emergency.

Secondly, I was responding to those that said hatzoula never charges a fee. Obviously they do.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:07 am
amother wrote:

Do you realize that there are chronically ill people who have recurring life and death EMERGENCIES and the best pre-planning they can do for such emergencies, which they never know when will happen, is to call in advance and get direction on how to handle the emergency when it comes up?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
Do you realize that there are chronically ill people who have recurring life and death EMERGENCIES and the best pre-planning they can do for such emergencies, which they never know when will happen, is to call in advance and get direction on how to handle the emergency when it comes up?

That was not the discussion. We were discussing a financial issue.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
That was not the discussion. We were discussing a financial issue.

I quoted and responded to
"Seems like you called Hatzaloh in advance for a transport, based on the recommendation of the referral agency, and not in the case of a medical EMERGENCY."

gamanit

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
Firstly, it was a life and death medical emergency.

Secondly, I was responding to those that said hatzoula never charges a fee. Obviously they do.

Hatzala does not charge a fee for responding to a call. I don't know why the medical referral agency told you to reach out to Hatzala for this service but prescheduled transport is generally handled by an ambulette company, not Hatzala. Hatzala usually deals with calls as they come in. It makes sense that they would charge a fee to do an ambulette call. They're a volunteer EMS company, not a free ambulette service.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:52 am
Amother hotpink, if it truly was a life and death situation then thay must take you to the nearest hospital. If it was life and death, you wouldn't survive till Columbia.
Most people with chronic disease that need to go to the hospital often and want to go to one specific hospital, have arrangements with a private ambulance company.
Hatzola is not meant to be used as a free ride to the hospital of your choice and they don't do medical transports.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries