Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do I teach them to get along?

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:42 am
Disclaimer: I'm a newish mom, stumbling through the dark, and I have only two children so far, aged 2.5 and 1.

And they can't handle the idea that there is enough Imma for both of them!

I feed, and play with, and take care of both. I want to hold both, but each of them will push at the other, and start a screaming fight, if I try to cuddle them at the same time, even if they're on either side of me (nowhere near each other, not taking up each other's space on me).

Help! When does it stop? I just want to do one cuddly bedtime without it turning into a hair-pulling match.

I really want them to get along, and be good friends, but this doesn't seem to be the age nor the stage. Still, it pains me to see them fight.

When will the group hug happen? When will they be best friends? And what will I do when there are more children than separate limbs?

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:50 am
Its so normal! My middle and youngest are 2 years apart almost exactly with very similar personalities and they really only started to enjoy playing with each other when the toddler was 2 and the older one 4. I think once the toddler was walking and talking the older one found that he was more fun to play with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics