Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Keeping baked good for mm fresh

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:57 pm
Flower power you are the expert. You claim to prepare mm in advance. You also claim not to like hard rocks & keep your stuff fresh. I'm baking mini donuts now for mm. Do I wrap in small cellaphone bags & then wrap entire mm in cellphone bag now & leave out? Or do freeze the donuts wrapped in small bags & only before delivering wrap entire mm? What do you or anyone else suggest?

smss

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:20 pm
What's the rest of the mishloach manos?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:33 pm
For the future I find that if you're making homemade, you need to first find self closing packaging before you decide on what you're making, so that it's not a big deal to drop in something the night before.
We've all been there, thinking it's not so hard to "just" tie a bow the night before, but when there are 50 MM to tie, you soon finds it takes hours. And after megillah there just aren't enough hours Purim eve because there's still sleep that's needed, last minute rips in costume or they got dirty during nighttime megillah, food for seuda preps, etc).

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:40 pm
It's a clear hard plastic plate & same material mug, Foil wrapped caramel toffees & coffee sticks

smss

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:44 pm
Not sure you can freeze the toffee. I guess you can either freeze just the donuts in cellophane and add them purim night, or possibly if you covered them completely in a glaze and wrapped them well they'd be ok till Thursday without freezing?

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:05 pm
Thanks

renslet

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:32 pm
What about challa, will it stay fresh if I make tomorrow and wrap in Saran wrap?

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:20 pm
You can keep challah outside. I would reheat challah in oven before serving.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:35 pm
I wrap baked good separately in a small clear bag and close with clear tape or something. Then I add it to the mm 2 days before Purim. So that would be today. If its wrapped well 2 days before Purim then it should stay fresh๐Ÿ˜‹.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:03 pm
I just baked challaha and wrapped well in Saran wrap. Can I keep them out until Purim? I don't want to freeze them. I can double bag them if that helps.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
I just baked challaha and wrapped well in Saran wrap. Can I keep them out until Purim? I don't want to freeze them. I can double bag them if that helps.

They will taste better if you freeze them rights after they cooled off from baking. Take them out of the freezer tomorrow night before you go to bed and they will taste fresh Purim day.

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:02 pm
Whether you freeze the challah or not I would just reheat a few minutes ( when its not frozen) before serving. If it's frozen it needs longer time for reheating

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
They will taste better if you freeze them rights after they cooled off from baking. Take them out of the freezer tomorrow night before you go to bed and they will taste fresh Purim day.

It's for mishloach manos. The ones for my meal are frozen for a couple weeks now.

Gracie

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:55 pm
ra_mom wrote:
For the future I find that if you're making homemade, you need to first find self closing packaging before you decide on what you're making, so that it's not a big deal to drop in something the night before.
We've all been there, thinking it's not so hard to "just" tie a bow the night before, but when there are 50 MM to tie, you soon finds it takes hours. And after megillah there just aren't enough hours Purim eve because there's still sleep that's needed, last minute rips in costume or they got dirty during nighttime megillah, food for seuda preps, etc).

Can't Believe It why didn't I read this a few days ago before I did all my baking?? Such wise words and bc I didn't do that I will be that woman in the scenario you described!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 11:38 pm
Gracie wrote:
Can't Believe It why didn't I read this a few days ago before I did all my baking?? Such wise words and bc I didn't do that I will be that woman in the scenario you described!

We have all been that woman some years ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics