Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Dd age 14 doesn’t exercise
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:47 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I never liked it so I never did it unless mandatory. I was much slimmer still then

Dd is slim but she doesn’t have toned muscles and slouching a little

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 10:14 am
12 yo DD is not very active. I bought the step up dance game and we do it together.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
Dd is slim but she doesn’t have toned muscles and slouching a little

Do 14 year olds need to have toned muscles? And exercise isn't really related to slouching. To me it sounds like you're over-stressing about it, and it may cause your daughter to become resistant to all attempts.

Is she doing some walking around during the day, running around with friends, out shopping on some days? If she is, then its not that bad at all. If she is truly sitting around on the most part of the day, then have a nonchalant talk with her. Just mention to her that its unhealthy for anybody, more so for a growing young person, to sit all day, and ask her to come up with ideas herself as to how to get some more activity into her daily life. I wouldn't stress the word exercise as much, I'd rather use the word activities, or active lifestyle. The word exercise sounds like strenuous work and no fun, especially to teens.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children