Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Is the name Ezra too common?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:49 pm
I love the name Ezra but I feel like my son will have 10 Ezra's in his class because the name is becoming so popular. Do you think that's the case? I don't like super common names

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:57 pm
Hard to predict. One of my kids had 3 Ezras in the class last year, but I think that's the max I know of. Personally I would give the name if I liked it, regardless of how common it is.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:00 pm
It’s a nice name. Not too common yet.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:09 pm
Don’t think it’s so common
Know two Ezra’s
My son has no Ezra’s in his class

Prettygirl30

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 11:53 pm
My son is an Ezra... I think it's very common in the Sephardic community... I think each of my three boys only has one Ezra in there class ... But again there's at least one in every class...

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:02 am
Where do you live? I'm in Israel, and I think the name is not too common. Common enough that it is not unusual, but not overused.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:11 am
In chassidish circles it's still a unique name not common at all. Although I do have a bro with this name, it's was pretty unusual while I was growing up

chanchy123

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:15 am
I guess it depends on your community Ezra is a very uncommon name in Israeli DL community. I don't think I know any children named Ezra, and can only think of less than a handful of adults.

Prettygirl30

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:01 am
amother wrote:
Where do you live? I'm in Israel, and I think the name is not too common. Common enough that it is not unusual, but not overused.

Lakewood NJ

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:49 am
It's more common in MO circles. There's a handful in every grade in the NY area. In the other hand, there's a handful of every name Wink

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:17 pm
It’s not Deshawn or Yehoyada, but it’s not exactly Moishie, Dovid, Shloime, and Yitzie either. Popular enough not to be weird, but not so common as to be a boring cliche.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:26 pm
I was just about to post what Zaq said.

I love this name, it has all the merits: not too common but not weird, a tzaddik gadol from tanach, easy to spell, easy to pronounce, easy on the ears!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names