Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which alcoholic beverages do you like and why?
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:22 am
I love a good semi sweet red wine like zmora and jeunesse. I like some dry reds with food. And of course bartenura moscato!!
Love cocktails/mixed drinks especially anything with rum!
I like Smirnoff ice
I like disarrono and chocolate/coffee liquor

aliavi

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:40 am
Sweet wine most often. Rum and coke. Fruity anything made with vodka. Tequila on Purim or Simchas Torah.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:16 am
I guess I'm a goner.
Never tried any of these. I don't even know where to buy it! I guess I walk into a wine store?
Even when I do drink my half a cup of Cabernet, I hate the taste of it.
Does anyone enjoy the actual drink or is it the socializing/coolness of it?
Is there something that's good in taste? (not that terrible alcoholic aftertaste).

smss

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:21 am
crust wrote:
I guess I'm a goner.
Never tried any of these. I don't even know where to buy it! I guess I walk into a wine store?
Is there something that's good in taste? (not that terrible alcoholic aftertaste).

Try Bartenura! Or Trader Joe's knockoff, Sara Bee, which is half the price and tastes exactly the same. It's like 5% alcohol. Tastes like soda with a bit of a kick.

nchr

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:23 am
Gin and Tonic.
Long Island Iced Tea.

pause

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:29 am
I like Cabernet and Jeunesse wines
I like beer, almost any kind. Sometimes I prefer the sweet flavored ones and other times a plain old Budweiser or Coors Light.
I love chocolate or coffee liquor!
I recently had a chance to try champagne for the first time and I enjoyed it too.
I don't get to have cocktails too often, but when I do, I like the sour ones. I'll drink a daquiri too, but it's not my preference. I hate coconut, so I will never drink a pina colada.
Bartenura Moscato is totally soda. I don't think I can get drunk on a whole bottle of that...

Come to think of it, other than real vodka, I like almost anything.

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:39 am
crust wrote:
I guess I'm a goner.

I love the taste. But it is an acquired taste. It took me a while to learn to like it

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:43 am
crust wrote:
Not only on Purim. I'm curious what people like to drink and why. I never dared anything more than 1/2 cup of 15% Cabernet.

I wonder if there's anything better out there that I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

I will read through the comments after I post my response.
I am allergic to sulfates, so wine is out for me, except for a limited few.
I like vodka, but not alone. I will mix it with turkey hill lemonades, orange juice (not so often though, because the acid is waaaaay too much for me) cranberry juice....
I also like the occasional shot of scotch or whiskey, but I don’t do that too often.
Also, I like most flavors of Smirnoff ice

Mandolin

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:46 am
Margaritas (must have salt), whiskey sour, red wine, some liquors like Frangelico. That being said I rarely drink. It makes me sleepy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics