Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who is still fasting?
1  2  Next

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:07 pm
I am... but it’s getting so hard

Reality

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:16 pm
Me

doctorima

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:10 pm
Still fasting here - stay strong, you can do it!

simpleme

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:46 pm
Me

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:47 pm
Me. It's a long one because of the time change

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 3:02 pm
Still fasting.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 3:09 pm
Me too. Woke up at 4:40am to have some eggs and water.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:04 pm
I'm feeling shaky. Head pounds with every step. Brain fog. I'm snapping at the kids while trying to make hamantaschen, and they're all on the verge of killing each other. Please someone tell me it's ok to eat (and no, not preg or nursing and youngest kid is over 2)

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
I'm feeling shaky. Head pounds with every step. Brain fog. I'm snapping at the kids while trying to make hamantaschen, and they're all on the verge of killing each other. Please someone tell me it's ok to eat (and no, not preg or nursing and youngest kid is over 2)

Really call a Rav, you may be pleasantly surprised. It's a lenient fast

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:11 pm
I broke my fast a few hours ago after shkiya, went with my girls to the second Megillah, put most of the kids to bed, made salmon and am attempting to get my 3yo Dd to go to sleep. (It’s 10:10 here)

shanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:25 pm
Cerise Its possible a headache may be enough- call your lor

DallasIma

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:37 pm
Me but I made sure to make the stipulation that I would not accept the fast when I went to bed but that I'd get up in the middle of the night, have a full meal, and drink lots and lots of water. About 5 hours to go and so far bli ayin hara I'm fine.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:50 pm
B"H feeling fine! I was up at 5 to make omelets, cottage fries, and some strong coffee. And I took a long nap midday.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:31 pm
Feeling eh. With all other fasts I know I can conk out after since I usually feel pretty bad after the fast too. Not excited about the idea of concentrating on the megillah tonight. The only way I like it is when the taanis is a mukdam on a Thursday so we can go into the Megillah feeling fine.

Shuly

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:13 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
Feeling eh. With all other fasts I know I can conk out after since I usually feel pretty bad after the fast too. Not excited about the idea of concentrating on the megillah tonight. The only way I like it is when the taanis is a mukdam on a Thursday so we can go into the Megillah feeling fine.

Or move to Yerushalayim, where we have Purim on Shushan Purim. Very Happy

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:48 pm
Am I the only one who didn't break my fast yet?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:07 pm
Do I win? I identify as fasting.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:30 pm
I drank water. Was feeling lightheaded but really I know I am fine as long as a drink and honestly today was so busy it really saved time not eating lunch!

Didn't really eat a proper meal at all and its midnight. Had some hamantashen and crackers and tuna and egg at shul after megillah. Small slice of foccacia at home. I bought salmon to have for supper but didn't want it.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 11:53 pm
I fasted the whole day!! Was about to break it before megila but read somewhere that there’s an inyan to wait until after megila. So, at 7:45 I left my house to shul. They didn’t start on time and it took rather long tonight. I made it until 9pm!!! It should bring a yeshua in my life right now which I desperately need...

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 4:46 am
I completed the fast but then was too worn out to go to shul for megila so I listened to a megila reading on YouTube (not ideal, I know!). Anyone know if it would have been better for me to have broken the fast, but heard megila read live?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics