Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it me? Or are they never truly comfortable?
Previous  1  2

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:43 pm
thepickled wrote:
I am really sensitive to clips, combs, wig grips etc. The most comfortable and secure way of keeping my wig on has been to remove all clips and combs and have one small clip sewn about 1.5/2 inches back from the hair line. I clip it in to my hair as I put the wig on. It is vastly more comfortable for me than a wig grip, clips at the temples, or comb in the center. It also holds the sheitel very securely because it can grip on to more hair closer to the center of your head than at the hairline. I feel no pressure or pulling from any specific place.

What type of clip please?

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:44 pm
aliavi wrote:
Clips and combs can be moved and removed and replaced. As the wig is worn, it stretches. Your cap may have space in the top, but be too tight around the outside. You may need to wear more forward or backward. You may also benefit from having wefts removed which helps with bulk and weight. Keep the extras for when the wig gets old.

I wear a wig grip cap, not just a band. The combs were enough to make me nearly hate the mitzvah. It protects my long hair and helps with a hair bulge.

Where can I buy such a thing?
Can you attach a link?

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:46 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
Was it measured for you while wearing a wear grip or without one?

Yes it was.
When wearing a wig grip with an empty net, it felt fine. I think it’s the weight of the wig pulling on the wig grip that makes me feel pressure.

Shuly

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:17 pm
Another vote to have the wig grip sewn in. Or buy a piece of velvet material and sew a strip to the top of your wig.
It does not need to go all the way around - it should go from the top of one ear to the top of the other ear. It also does not need to be as thick as a wig grip. Mine is about a 1/2 inch wide and is sewn on top right to the edge of the wig cap.
It works perfectly!

That being said, the wig should not feel tight on you. That's just asking for a headache! Out of curiosity, do you wear glasses? I find that my wig is much more comfortable when I don't wear glasses.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:39 pm
IMO wrote:
Yes it was.
When wearing a wig grip with an empty net, it felt fine. I think it’s the weight of the wig pulling on the wig grip that makes me feel pressure.

It sounds like the hairline part of the net was sewn too tight and that the hair itself is just too heavy.

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:40 pm
Shuly wrote:
Another vote to have the wig grip sewn in. Or buy a piece of velvet material and sew a strip to the top of your wig.
It does not need to go all the way around - it should go from the top of one ear to the top of the other ear. It also does not need to be as thick as a wig grip. Mine is about a 1/2 inch wide and is sewn on top right to the edge of the wig cap.
It works perfectly!

That being said, the wig should not feel tight on you. That's just asking for a headache! Out of curiosity, do you wear glasses? I find that my wig is much more comfortable when I don't wear glasses.

Thanks. I don’t wear glasses.
The actual wig net doesn’t feel tight on me and I can see that it’s fitting well at the front, but I still feel pressure when I’m wearing it. It’s a mystery!
From the comments, it seems that it’s my wig grip that’s the issue.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:41 pm
IMO wrote:
Where can I buy such a thing?
Can you attach a link?

https://www.amazon.com/Milano-.....psc=1
But I really think the wig is the problem.

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:41 pm
Thank you all for your replies, they have all been so helpful.
I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me.

IMO

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It sounds like the hairline part of the net was sewn too tight and that the hair itself is just too heavy.

I hear what you’re saying, but she showed me that there’s space in the front as well as the back, and when I tried on an empty cap the same size, it was a beautiful fit. There is a lot of hair on the wig, although it is not long.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:51 pm
Sounds like theres too much hair

octopus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 3:46 pm
You ordered a custom shaitel and you have to have cap taken in????? No! No! No! She didn't measure correctly! This is really upsetting. I had to have a cap taken in and it wasn't a custom. I should have run the other direction and not bought it. Everyone that I know that had to have cap taken in feel same way. It never feels right even after they take in.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels