Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Quick Strides Corp.
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:30 pm
morahlieberman wrote:
Odd that the father was not involved with this in any way, shape or form. Usually for appointments like this, you need to involve both parents.

I don't think it's odd. The child is the one who needs the appointment and as long as he's with a legal guardian, there is no issue.
I've taken off from work to take my child for 2 days of evaluations and dh stayed at work. There was no reason for both of us to have to take off.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:30 pm
cnc wrote:
But the question is did the child get the services or not?
I can't imagine that an ABA therapist provided services to a child without the parent knowing about it.

Whatever the mother did, she did it behind her husband's back. It's his health insurance that he provides for his son. I wish I knew more, but he's extremely upset about all of this. I would think that an ABA therapist would have an office and not be run out of someone's home.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:32 pm
morahlieberman wrote:
Whatever the mother did, she did it behind her husband's back. It's his health insurance that he provides for his son. I wish I knew more, but he's extremely upset about all of this. I would think that an ABA therapist would have an office and not be run out of someone's home.

Thanks for clarifying.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:34 pm
cnc wrote:
Thanks for clarifying.

I didn't answer your question because I have no clue if the services were provided or not. Also, interesting to note that her sister-in-law runs a daycare called [name removed]

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:36 pm
I doubt a day care has the sort of professionals needed for ABA billing. But either way are you sure you want to annouce the family's dirty laundry online?

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:42 pm
morahlieberman wrote:
I didn't answer your question because I have no clue if the services were provided or not. Also, interesting to note that her sister-in-law runs a daycare called [name removed].

What does one have to do with the other?

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:46 pm
morahlieberman wrote:
I didn't answer your question because I have no clue if the services were provided or not. Also, interesting to note that her sister-in-law runs a daycare called [name removed]

It's also interesting that besides for your posts on this thread, you have one other post on a thread about [same name removed].
You also seem to imply that you have no idea who this ABA provider is, yet you know who her sister in law is?
Strange.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:47 pm
cnc wrote:
It's also interesting that besides for your posts on this thread, you have one other post on a thread about [name removed]
You also seem to imply that you have no idea who this ABA provider is, yet you know who her sister in law is?
Strange.

Yes. I'm trying to help a friend.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:05 pm
morahlieberman wrote:

An ABA therapist would provide all services in the child's school or home, so there's really no need for an office. What would she do with an office?

It sounds like the child did actually receive therapy services, correct? I would guess that the mother is the one who arranged it all and signed the consent forms, which also stipulate that the party signing is responsible for paying in th case that insurance claims are denied. This is all very standard and within the norms of service provision.

I can't comment as to the shalom bayis issues which sound to be at play here.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics