Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitter drama!
Previous  1  2

STMommy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:27 pm
5-year-old in a neighboring community just died from choking on uncut hot dog fed by grandparent(s)
please do not allow your child to be supervised by someone who would criticize YOU when SHE is doing something dangerous and life threatening
this is literally a matter of life and death

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:37 pm
Take your kid out.
And mail her a printout of medical literature on the subject so you can try to protect other children.

devash1

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 3:17 pm
Oh my goodness I am so not the worrier type but I am worried for your child! please update us and let us know that you switched to somebody that respects you and will keep your child safe.if she doesn't think grapes are a big deal I hate to think what else she doesn't.

Librarian

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:59 pm
Take your child out asap. Of course uncut grapes are a choking hazard but even if they were not, no one can feed your child ANYTHING that you forbid. This is truly outrageous and out of line.

My4Jewels

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:00 pm
I’m sorry but I don’t understand the words “strongly considering” when referring to switching babysitters.

GET YOUR CHILD OUT

WARN THE OTHER PARENTS

That is all

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
I was going to mention that story. I know the family personally and we davened for them for so long. It was so sad, and the mom only gave half a grape. My family is paranoid about grapes and cherry tomatoes ever since and cut them up into like 16ths.

Omg I always cut into half’s. Will cut more now.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 12:24 am
Even if it weren't a medical issue - say, that you insisted that your child wear only blue hats - she needs to listen to you, as the child's mother.

Maybe she was embarrassed at the idea that she would put any child in danger. Even so, I would switch. I wouldn't trust her to put my child's needs before her ego.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 12:32 am
This isn't about the grapes. The fact that she yelled(?!?!) At you and didn't appreciate your concern, is the issue. You should find someone responsible! I babysat A LOT and some parents really have some crazy silly requests but even then... They pay me to watch their child so I have to do what they say.
If she has her own kid and doesn't care about him/her choking well that's her or CPS's problem. But this is your child and you need a new sitter!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics