Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls High school in Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 10:40 pm
Looking for information on Breuers girls high school in Monsey ?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 11:22 pm
What do you want to know?

eight

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 11:33 pm
Type of girls, hashkafas, general environment? Is it intense academics? Either way do they prepare the girls for further study ( if they choose) after high school ?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 1:30 am
My DD is currently there. She is acidemic, but some of her friends aren't. They work with the girls when needed. They also offer college credits and have an honor program. They have alot of extra curricular activities to provide a healthy balance.

Almost everyone has a (filtered) smartphone. If you don't want your DD to have one, you should realize that she may be one of the only girls not on the school/grade chat.

Most girls go to Israel after HS. They attend various seminaries.

What I love the most about this school is that everyone knows your DD, unlike some big schools.

If you have a specific question please let me know.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 2:02 am
Afaik, it's Bais Yaakov d'Rav Hirsch, not Breuers. Many of the same people (or their descendants) involved -- but it's not Breuers.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:17 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Afaik, it's Bais Yaakov d'Rav Hirsch, not Breuers. Many of the same people (or their descendants) involved -- but it's not Breuers.

That's correct, the school calls itself Bais Yaakov drav Hirsch. The girls call it Bruers. there are some girls that do come from Washington Heights, more like 2-4 per grade.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:36 am
amother wrote:
My DD is currently there. She is acidemic, but some of her friends aren't. They work with the girls when needed. They also offer college credits and have an honor program. They have alot of extra curricular activities to provide a healthy balance.

Almost everyone has a (filtered) smartphone. If you don't want your DD to have one, you should realize that she may be one of the only girls not on the school/grade chat.

What I love the most about this school is that everyone knows your DD, unlike some big schools.

Our daughters are probably friends. Wave

It's that kind of school. My daughter is friends with all her classmates which is so nice.

The father's of the girls are usually professionals with salesmen in the mix. There are doctors, lawyers, investment advisers, and writers.

barbara1

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:10 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

Do u know if they take any out of town Lakewood girls?
Thanks

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:14 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Thanks

I never heard of them taking anyone from Lakewood. It can't hurt to ask.

barbara1

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:18 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I never heard of them taking anyone from Lakewood. It can't hurt to ask.

Ok thanks .Is it hard in general to get into the school ,as I head in no Monsey it can be very difficult ?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:24 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Ok thanks .Is it hard in general to get into the school ,as I head in no Monsey it can be very difficult ?

They want a certain type of girl.

Where would your daughter live?

barbara1

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
They want a certain type of girl.

Where would your daughter live?

We have family in Monsey

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:41 pm
Its a terrific school. Its a "very normal Bais Yaakov". The hanhala has a very strong, solid hashkafa, and doesnt go overboard with typical Bais Yaakov nonsense.
I would think they'd be fine taking a lakewood girl, so long as they had the room.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:54 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Thanks

My dd had a girl from CT. She dormed somewhere. Unfortunately it didn't work out for her, by the school gladly accepted her.

barbara1

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:15 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Its a terrific school. Its a "very normal Bais Yaakov". The hanhala has a very strong, solid hashkafa, and doesnt go overboard with typical Bais Yaakov nonsense.
I would think they'd be fine taking a lakewood girl, so long as they had the room.

Do u know who is in charge of the school and makes the decisions with regards to admissions as I heard it will be hard to get into the school?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:34 am
I know of Lakewood girls who went to Ateres in Monsey. Don't know if that's a consideration to you, just mentioning in case it's helpful.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:51 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Do u know who is in charge of the school and makes the decisions with regards to admissions as I heard it will be hard to get into the school?

Call the school. Mrs Frankel I the one that does the interviews and Mr Rosentock is the administrator.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:07 pm
barbara1 wrote:

It is not hard to get into. It's not so exclusive. If your daughter is a good girl, then they will most likely accept her.

barbara1

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 3:46 pm
We bh found an amazing high school in Lakewood that was opened by rabbi trenks daughter and Rachel Daum, a genuine warm and accepting place
That is open for any high school girl in Lakewood that needs a place to call home and a place to thrive.
U can donate to this special school at
https://www.rayze.it/levrivkarochel/

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 7:45 pm
Does this school in monsey have the Ashira program, that used to be in Ateres?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics