Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Hating every minute!!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 4:37 pm
Just wanted to get it out. Don’t have where else! A day like this highlights all the parts of my marriage, parenting and myself that hurt. Ouch... Banging head

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 4:41 pm
I understand you well. My marriage is the worst on Purim.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 5:39 pm
amother wrote:
I understand you well. My marriage is the worst on Purim.

Mine too. Hate Purim. Wish it wasn't

My4Jewels

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 8:45 pm
What do you hate about it

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 8:58 pm
My life is fine and I hate Purim
It’s an extrovert holiday. One day I’ll make it my own, and do what feels comfortable to me. But for now it’s all I can do to survive it.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 9:35 pm
I guess you can say that my life / marriage is at a real low... but I put on a great show to the outside, and that takes a big toll. The hecticness (not a word I know) of the day, just compounds the problems and when everyone seems to be having so much fun I just feel lonelier inside (I’m no introvert btw)

sarahmalka

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 9:38 pm
This is a very, very difficult holiday for me too. I thought I was the only one!

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 10:55 pm
I bh have a good marriage and hate purim too. I hate the drinking, the running to take mm from one place to the next, the drunks on the st, the noise noise noise even music needs limits, the junk and nosh. I love purim night when all the kids go to sleep and I start breathing again.

mom2mysouls

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:21 am
I understand you.
I also dislike the lack of structure and routine
But I always tell myself its one day only.

honeymoon

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:43 am
As I was putting my daughter to sleep she said "I wish tomorrow is Purim again."
My reaction "oh god, no no no."

My life is wonderful and I actually don't hate Purim. But I'm grateful Haman limited his evil plans to one day. I couldn't have handled two consecutive sugar filled, structure-less days.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 4:15 am
I hate Purim as well. Remembering times in my life that weren't safe due to people who drank... having to act happy the whole day... and watching those who aren't happy pretending to be happy.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 8:41 am
The main thing I don't like about Purim, is the noise - all week long leading up to it, too. I'm highly prone to migraines, and dealing with non stop noise is physically exhausting.

My upstairs neighbor's kid was out on his balcony, practicing blowing shofar, very, very, badly. Everyone was blasting music on all sides of me. I felt like I was trapped in a dance club from Hell. Ear plugs did not help. All I could do was wait it out until everyone was too hung over to make noise anymore.

Today is so quiet you could hear a pin drop out on the street! LOL

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:56 pm
And the quiet now, with all the work that I have to do before shabbes. I feel hungover and I didn't really drink... I feel so alone! Posting here makes me feel slightly less alone...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 2:51 pm
I hate Purim too. For many reasons. Bad things always seem to happen to me on/ around Purim. Miscarriages, or earlier miscarriages of babies that were due on Purim, fights with DH, bad news about people close to us, etc. On top of that I hate crowds and I hate noise. My kids beg me to dress up but I feel fat and stupid in a costume. And I'm always dieting and all Purim I am surrounded by food and nosh. My kids are acting crazy from all the sugar and artificial stuff they ingest all day. It also means Pesach is a month away and cleaning begins. Just nothing to like about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics