Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Funny and/or Embarrassing drunkards
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 5:51 am
I spent Purim with an amother who's name I won't mention.

Her DH is a sweet, charming drunk. He was trying to tell me a story, and he kept getting the words sister in law, mother in law, and step mother, mixed up. I couldn't follow the family tree at all!

I figured that it qualified as not knowing Mordechai from Haman. LOL

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:02 am
yidishmamma wrote:
We got showered today with beautiful brochos from someone my husnand knows. He’s a Dayan and respected person but was high. We met him on the street and he was saying such beautiful brochos

A man is known bekoso, bekiso uvekaaso [a person’s true character is known by how he behaves when he’s drunk, when he’s angry and when he spends (or doesn’t spend) money]. If he’s drunk and only spouting blessings, he must be a true tzaddik.

fmt4

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:19 am
ectomorph wrote:
Um, are you Jewish?

What an obnoxious question? Because no Jewish women get drunk?

fmt4

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
This is a funny and sweet one, so ladies don't ruin it with your criticism.

We were at the Purim sudar with the alcohol flowing and everyone having fun, and no one wanted to say a Dvar Torah. Our host went across the street and brought his neighbor in to say one.

I don’t see why this is funny or sweet. Am I missing something?

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:07 pm
I saw someone being very touchy-feely with her DIL Surprised no one seemed to think it was weird except me.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:29 pm
I hosted the Purim seuda this year for the first time in my life and was very anxious/worried about guests getting drunk... my husband can only tolerate small amounts of alcohol and never gets drunk, but I didn’t know what to expect from guests.

Baruch HaShem most people just had a glass of wine or two and the only person who was obviously inebriated just led Purim songs with enthusiasm and was over the moon to hold my 3 month old baby. His youngest is already in elementary school and he was joyously baby-talking and singing to my little one, it was very sweet!

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

boat

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
2 men where so drunk by our party, they where throwing money. Most kids went home with more than $100! And there where at least 50 kids there.

I sure hope that wasn't tzedaka money collected...

dankbar

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 12:36 pm
[quote="FranticFrummie"]I spent Purim with an amother who's name I won't mention.

Frantic Frummie, that is such a nice gesture that she invited you. I am so happy that you had a nice Purim seuda & didn't need to do it alone

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:19 am
[quote="dankbar"]
FranticFrummie wrote:

Frantic Frummie, that is such a nice gesture that she invited you. I am so happy that you had a nice Purim seuda & didn't need to do it alone

She's become a really good friend of mine. We help each other out quite a bit, each in our own way.

I love it when I get to meet amothers in real life! Very Happy

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 2:29 pm
A bochur I was with on the bus:
"My father works for MDA. My grandfather lives in Petach Tikvah and he volunteers in ZAKA. I send them clients."

My father went over to the rav of the shul and said: You know why I don't wear glasses? Because I was looking for a chumra that no one ever thought of before and I decided that glasses are a chatzitza while learning torah!
Very Happy

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 2:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Her DH is a sweet, charming drunk. He was trying to tell me a story, and he kept getting the words sister in law, mother in law, and step mother, mixed up. I couldn't follow the family tree at all!

I figured that it qualified as not knowing Mordechai from Haman. LOL

I'm the amother. FranticFrummie, he mixes up mother-in-laws and stepmothers when he's sober too!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the amother. FranticFrummie, he mixes up mother-in-laws and stepmothers when he's sober too!

LOL LOL LOL

I love your family so much. You really made my Purim special, low key, and exactly what I needed.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 8:05 pm
A drunk Bochur climbed the sole tree in a small neighborhood in Yerushalayim and wouldn't come down. Apparently the halacha is that if someone is in a tree when Shabbat starts he may not come down on Shabbat. Eventually the bochur's Rosh Yeshiva needed to be summoned as candle lighting time was approaching. HE managed to convince his sloshed student to get down!

Amother because I've shared this story with many people.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:48 pm
When people are drunk you see their true side comes out. I’ve seen a well respected Rabbi become very full of himself and boastful. It sadly made me lose respect for him as a person although I still acknowledge he has a lot of knowledge of Torah.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 11:10 pm
Dh gets tipsy but not plastered so he remembers everything afterwards. I’m nowhere near him because I get really triggered to see him like that.
Anyway he told me he met his friend who is due to go to prison. I am friendly with the wife as well, she’s very sweet.
Anyway dhs heart goes out to his friend and the wife who will have to fend for herself while her dh is in prison. So while tipsy he told her that if no one was on the street he’d give her a hug.
He said she turned away mortified. Poor woman. I told her he needs to text her and apologize, clarifying he meant it in a sympathetic way and that he was intoxicated. If he won’t I will. This woman is probably traumatized.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 11:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
LOL LOL LOL

I love your family so much. You really made my Purim special, low key, and exactly what I needed.

Lol! Even though we dragged you to our friends' much less low key seuda?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:27 am
amother wrote:
Lol! Even though we dragged you to our friends' much less low key seuda?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics