Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do you have an eat in kitchen?
Previous  1  2  3

aricelli

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
It’s funny, I have an eat in kitchen but I didn’t put a table there. I have stools at the counter and a small love seat. I like how the room looks better without a table and chairs (it’s not that big).

I would love a little couch in the kitchen area- my kids like hanging out in the dr because of the couch there

justforfun87

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 12:25 am
We don't have one and have young children. Unfortunately our dining room chairs are in pretty bad shape from all the spilled yogurt, oatmeal, etc. It would be really nice to have an area they could eat that is easy to wipe down.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 12:29 am
An eat in kitchen is great. It makes keeping rules about food not leaving the kitchen easier and overall cleaning easier (including for pesach).
But if the choice is eat in kitchen or no house, I'd rather have the house and figure something else out.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:12 am
We don't have an eat-in kitchen. What we do have is a hatch from the kitchen to the dining room. Easier for serving, plus it allows for observation of, and communication with, the kids!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:53 am
One option is to look for a house where the kitchen can be expanded easily, as soon as your budget allows. Don't buy a place without the possibility for expansion. On days when the table is a mess, at least you can dream.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:59 am
OP here:

I think after reading everything, I've come to realize that for our lifestyle it really is a must have. I don't mind being creative about creating one and I don't mind if it's stools at the counter- that's fine.

But I want our dining room table to be used for shabbos and larger meals only. Our kitchen table and chairs are the super easy to wipe down type, so I'm not breathing over the kids not to spill yogurt or chocolate milk or keep the pencil on the page. (Of course I encourage neatness, but kids are kids). If I were a more relaxed personality, I could go without but I know myself (and DH) and I can just see it driving us nuts.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:10 am
amother wrote:
Why is a house better than no house?
Because if someone has oppurnity to purchase a home. They should. Real estate prices raise fast and family expenses also and someone may not to be able to afford it later. And renting isn’t putting your money toward anything. You can always sell your starter home if there are things you don’t like and if it doesn’t work for you down the road. My point just was if you would like an eat in kitchen but if you can find/afford house with one I’m sure you will be happy you have a home.

Selling a starter home after 5 years with a 30 year mortgage isn't saving much money in the house.

Just saying this 'rule' of always buy isn't 100% the right thing for everybody.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating