Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Anyone decide to stay in / move to Brooklyn and HAPPY with..
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:15 am
Moved away from Brooklyn and honestly don’t miss a single thing. Have everything I need is more where I am living and am happier here than Brooklyn.

queen76

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:32 am
I grew up OOT and moved to brooklyn after I married. Im very happy here and dont feel the need to move out.
I love the conveniences of not having to get into a car for minyan (my husband & sons) and shopping.
Some of my kids walk to school and some take public transportation.
Im happy with my kids schools. I dont feel the same peer pressure that some of my friends feel in new big communities. To be successful there u got to completely “fit in”
When I visit my sister who does not live in bklyn but lives in a huge house on a private cul de sac, im not jealous. Its sooo quiet and boring.
And then there are those that live in lkwd in these developments. Maybe there’s more space in the houses, but in my opinion, some are sooooo claustrophobic. My sis inlaw lives like that and there’s always politics. Like a bung colony all year.
In bklyn u can live with so many pple on ur block but because its so colorful its not as claustrophobic..... I dont mean space wise, I mean type wise....
In bklyn there’s alot of action.
My block is a happening place.
Even though I did not grew up this way, I cant imagine living on a block with just a few neighbors.
Im very happy in bklyn.
I have friends who have moved because they could not afford bklyn prices and tell me that they wish they couldve stayed.
If ur happy here and could make it work, why not stay. Nothing is perfect and moving on can solve some issues but ur bound to have other issues b/c thats life!!!!!!!

kiddo

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:15 am
I moved out of Brooklyn and #1 issue if your planning on moving is make sure your allowed to drive and that you will drive otherwise it will be a very very difficult adjustment ,
And again Brooklyn has many advantages, living out of Brooklyn is not cheaper at all, just more bangs for youre bucks.... it’s never a win win situation..:
I would suggest you try it out and see for yourself if could live in such a place...
The lifestyle is different even if you could get everything. It’s just different and you have to see if you could adapt to it...
good luck with your decision

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:37 am
I moved to Lakewood about 2 years ago from BP.
What made me move was the crazy price of my rent and looking at my future .. “when would I be able to afford 1 million to buy a house here ? “ “how many kids will I be able to fit in my 2 bedroom apartment ?” Are my kids happy playing outside in between cars , wouldn’t they be much happier with a big place to run and a backyard with grass ?
Idk what your financial situation is , but either my parents nor parents in law had the meanings to help us but a house in BP.
So we left , of course we investigated the place and made sure we would fit with the crowd. Of course there’s always politics (we’re chassidish that’s the way it is). I visit my laws and parents on Sundays or I invite them to stay over for shabbosim or yomim tovim, now that I have a big house I can do that .
There’s also plenty of schools , I would recommend you to have a school before moving .
I will always miss the buzzing of BP , strolling down 13 ave , being able to walk to the ice cream store ..
But life is so much ore than that and I believe in 5 years from now the place I live will change .
It is definitely tough to start in a new place.
Going around is not hard cause now there’s a shuttle coming ang going all day long that takes you to Every shopping center in town .

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
their decision?

We are considering a move out of town and would like to hear from anyone currently living in Brooklyn who is happy here / sees positives to living here vs. moving out?

Thanks!

OP: I'm not in Brooklyn. I wouldn't move way from my 'home town' (if I had a choice not to) because my family is here, and I want to be close to my family.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:03 am
I love Brooklyn. We bought a house near ocean parkway. It’s close to everything. Public transportation, the highway, boro park, Flatbush, heimesh setting with stores and shuls and schools.

The house is definitely smaller than a Lakewood house. But for Brooklyn it’s beautiful:)

I love that I can walk everywhere. My kids can too. Schools are cheaper. We have privacy and a beautiful neighborhood with diversity.

And I love walking on ocean parkway it’s relaxing and feels like I live near a park.

But it’s real city life. You have to be cut out for that. Pros and cons to everything.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
I love Brooklyn. We bought a house near ocean parkway. It’s close to everything. Public transportation, the highway, boro park, Flatbush, heimesh setting with stores and shuls and schools.

The house is definitely smaller than a Lakewood house. But for Brooklyn it’s beautiful:)

I love that I can walk everywhere. My kids can too. Schools are cheaper. We have privacy and a beautiful neighborhood with diversity.

And I love walking on ocean parkway it’s relaxing and feels like I live near a park.

But it’s real city life. You have to be cut out for that. Pros and cons to everything.

Can you tell us how many bedrooms, the approximate price and when you bought it?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:31 am
I moved out of Brooklyn to the five towns. Housing is not much cheaper here but you are getting a lot more for the same money. I have a backyard which is really nice and there is also a lot more sense of community here than in Brooklyn. I don’t have family here or in Brooklyn so community is very important. I do miss the waking to the grocery but here we have two cars and there is no problem parking at home or the grocery so it’s really not a big deal to drive. Tuition and food is more expensive here. Quaity of life for us is a lot better since we moved because we have a lot more space!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
Can you tell us how many bedrooms, the approximate price and when you bought it?

Three bedrooms.
Detached on one side.
Bought about three years ago

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 12:35 pm
I live in Brooklyn because most of my family is here. I appreciate the conveniences of having access to kosher food 24 hours a day, flexible minyanim schedules and great schools for my kids.

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:45 am
I've been living in Brooklyn, (Boro Park) all my life. The more popular Lakewood becomes, the more I see the benefits of living right here in Brooklyn. Housing might be a fraction of the cost in Lakewood, but factor in the quality of the construction and the abnormal social pressures, yup..... Brooklyn aint that bad after all!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:52 am
amother wrote:

I would love to have a beautiful garden and huge backyard- so maybe one day!
However I live near ocean pkwy and those walks give me tranquility and strength to go on so I would miss those. Wave if you see me on your walks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating