Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Israel - Handmade Shmurah Matzah

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:00 pm
Approx. how much is a pound of handmade shmurah matzah in yerushalayim and where can it be purchased from?

TIA

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 1:50 am
We get it either through the Shul/community chabura or through the Mir. It’s expensive, 80nis/kg? Maybe double?
Ask at your Shul and Dh should ask at a Yeshiva or kollel he may be affiliated with.
It is definitely available in grocery stores, but then it’s lacking the churros you may want.
Most seem to use Komemiyus.

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 2:56 am
We buy through our shul but every supermarket will sell hand shmura matza.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:34 am
Iymnok wrote:
We get it either through the Shul/community chabura or through the Mir. It’s expensive, 80nis/kg? Maybe double?
Ask at your Shul and Dh should ask at a Yeshiva or kollel he may be affiliated with.
It is definitely available in grocery stores, but then it’s lacking the churros you may want.
Most seem to use Komemiyus.

What are churros?
What are the different types of handmade shmurah matzah seold in yerushalayim?
When are they sold? Can they be bought week of Pesach or do stores run out?

Shuly

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:41 am
Be careful about buying in a regular grocery store as the kashrus is not that great.
Best is to get it through a chabura - a shul or yeshiva that does their own run. (We also get ours from Komemmiyus.)

Do you have someone in Israel now who can order it for you? Most people order now and then pick it up closer to pesach.

(I think churros was autocorrect for chumros)

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:00 pm
Yes, I have someone in Har Nof that can order and pick it up from them (unless it could be delivered), where should I order it from?

juggling

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:18 pm
Shuly wrote:
Be careful about buying in a regular grocery store as the kashrus is not that great.
Best is to get it through a chabura - a shul or yeshiva that does their own run. (We also get ours from Komemmiyus.)

Do you have someone in Israel now who can order it for you? Most people order now and then pick it up closer to pesach.

(I think churros was autocorrect for chumros)

What's the kashrus issue? The hand shmura I buy in stores is usually badatz eida charedit. I can't imagine that they'd put their stamp on it if it isn't completely acceptable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics