Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cough Drops - are any KLP?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 12:53 pm
I have a condition called "dry mouth."
Also, my "throat" is very dry.
The only thing I can do when my mouth is so dry that it is difficult for me to talk or swallow, or if I get a cough...would be to suck on a cough drop.
I have searched and searched but cannot find any with a kosher for pesach cerification. Does anyone know of one or where I can purchase it?
I have tried KLP sucking candies or lollipops but they stick to my teeth and don't help.
TIA for any suggestions.

papermageling

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:30 pm
I also have dry mouth and throat problems, the sort that no amount of drinking water can fix. I don't have a Pesach cough drop recommendation, but I do have something that works well.

There's a non-sugar sweetener called "xylitol" that helps with saliva production. My dentist recommended it to me, because I was having so much trouble. For Passover, I've only seen the granulated type, which is not nearly as convenient as mints or gum, but it really does help. I mix some into tea and that helps with my dry mouth. You can find it here: https://www.koshervitamins.com.....litol although I'm sure if you're in NYC you could also find some locally.

You might be able to figure out how to make little candies or treats with it that would be more portable and still help with dry mouth.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:58 pm
papermageling wrote:
I also have dry mouth and throat problems, the sort that no amount of drinking water can fix. I don't have a Pesach cough drop recommendation, but I do have something that works well.
There's a non-sugar sweetener called "xylitol" that helps with saliva production. My dentist recommended it to me, because I was having so much trouble. For Passover, I've only seen the granulated type, which is not nearly as convenient as mints or gum, but it really does help. I mix some into tea and that helps with my dry mouth. You can find it here: https://www.koshervitamins.com.....litol although I'm sure if you're in NYC you could also find some locally.
You might be able to figure out how to make little candies or treats with it that would be more portable and still help with dry mouth.

Thank you so much for your help! I will look for it on Koshervitamins.com.
In the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions, I would be happy to look into them as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics