Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do u see H-shem’s Hand in everything?
1  2  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:14 pm
I don’t know how many frum people really can see that H-shem is behind every single thing in our personal life and also in the worlds events.
When you have a minor frustration like annoying traffic or u have a person who does something mean to u—is your first thought that it’s what H-Shem thinks is good for u to go through? World events—do u believe H-Shem is protecting Trump made him a shaliach to help the jewish people? Look how hard they went after Trump but he prevails. Is it H-Shem? Isnt everything?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:46 pm
Not H-Shem. That hurts my eyes.

But Hashem? Absolutely yes.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:48 pm
I obviously don't see Yad Hashem right away.

Once I missed the bus when I was visiting a relative in the hospital, and had to wait for the next bus. I was so tired and upset. On the next bus, I bumped into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. You just never know.

I am going to tell you a sick story. My super of my building is stalking me but I have no proof. He was stealing my personal belongings and breaking things in my apartment. I started making signs every week to calm him down and changing the sign each week so he knows that we know that he was there. I started getting creative with the signs, and experimenting with different art techniques. I discovered talents that I didn't know I had. The story isn't over yet, but I became much happier as a person when I started making those signs.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:59 pm
No, sometimes I even feel like hashem has forgotten me.

yksraya

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:

Once I missed the bus when I was visiting a relative in the hospital, and had to wait for the next bus. I was so tired and upset. On the next bus, I bumped into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. You just never know.

I am going to tell you a sick story. My super of my building is stalking me but I have no proof. He was stealing my personal belongings and breaking things in my apartment. I started making signs every week to calm him down and changing the sign each week so he knows that we know that he was there. I started getting creative with the signs, and experimenting with different art techniques. I discovered talents that I didn't know I had. The story isn't over yet, but I became much happier as a person when I started making those signs.

You should really discuss this with a lawyer and see how you can legally find proof. This is really dangerous.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:16 pm
Yes I do. Sometimes it takes a few minutes or hours, or a few days, but in the end, and sometimes in the beginning, I do. That does not mean that I actually SEE why something happened, but I trust that Hashem has his reasons and HE made it happen. The more I see and believe, the easier it gets.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:

Forget the signs—call the police!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:

Install a camera

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:13 pm
For example, this is how I see Hashem's hand in this thread-

last week I heard a shiur about how there is lots of talk atm about hashgacha and everything is from Hashem etc and not enough about how it is our responsibility to take action for things and etc. and then I see this thread about seeing Hashem's hand and it immediately turns into giving onee of the responders to the op very practical advice about a very practical matter.

so yes Hashem runs the world and is everywhere. but, he is only known in this world through our actions. so yes we have to have emunah and daven. BUT WE ALSO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING PRACTICAL.

iyar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:19 pm
amother wrote:
No, sometimes I even feel like hashem has forgotten me.

Why is there no hug button on this thread?
You sound like you need a few.
It's so hard sometimes to feel that Hashem is right there with you every second.
So hard to feel His presence when things are falling apart.
You're never forgotten but I understand you must be going through a rough time.
Sending you hugs!
I bet everyone here wants to send you some too.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:23 pm
iyar wrote:
Why is there no hug button on this thread?
You sound like you need a few.
It's so hard sometimes to feel that Hashem is right there with you every second.
So hard to feel His presence when things are falling apart.
You're never forgotten but I understand you must be going through a rough time.
Sending you hugs!
I bet everyone here wants to send you some too.

good on you iyar for doing something practical

and big big hugs to amother. Hashem never ever forgets you

mfb

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:

Please put up recording cameras in your house ASAP!!!!!!

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 8:02 pm
What a weird story about the super.

I definitely see Hashems Hand in my life. Most people who had my life would be otd or unmarried. It's an open miracle that I'm bh happily married and normal (whatever normal means).

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:

As soon as I started reading your post, I knew exactly where you were going. Stories that seemed bad but turned out good. Yes, of course we see the yad hashem in those stories. The chiddush is do we see the yad hashem in everything, the good, neutral, and bad? Do we see the yad hashem when we miss the bus and are delayed with no feel good story that we meet our long lost friend on the next bus? Do we see the yad hashem when we are poor and sick? Do we see the yad hashem when we our children are struggling? I'd would love to hear thoughts on this type scenario.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:04 pm
ectomorph wrote:
What a weird story about the super.

I definitely see Hashems Hand in my life. Most people who had my life would be otd or unmarried. It's an open miracle that I'm bh happily married and normal (whatever normal means).

What would you say about the people who had your background and life and are unmarried? Is it reasonable that they don't see the yad hashem?
So when things work put good (you get married) we see the yad hashem, and when things don't work out (some people don't get married) we don't see the yad hashem?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:26 pm
yksraya wrote:
You should really discuss this with a lawyer and see how you can legally find proof. This is really dangerous.

Maybe a psychiatrist.

If this is the same amother that has posted about the issue a few times here, it seems it's all in her head.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:53 am
I try. My mom is better

ectomorph

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:12 am
amother wrote:
What would you say about the people who had your background and life and are unmarried? Is it reasonable that they don't see the yad hashem?
So when things work put good (you get married) we see the yad hashem, and when things don't work out (some people don't get married) we don't see the yad hashem?

No I think we each see it in different ways. Maybe the yad Hashem for them is not to get married.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:14 am
Why did I have to have the bad experiences? Those were Yad Hashem too.
Like it says in Iyov- the bracha and the klala have the same source

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
I don’t know how many frum people really can see that H-shem is behind every single thing in our personal life and also in the worlds events.
When you have a minor frustration like annoying traffic or u have a person who does something mean to u—is your first thought that it’s what H-Shem thinks is good for u to go through? World events—do u believe H-Shem is protecting Trump made him a shaliach to help the jewish people? Look how hard they went after Trump but he prevails. Is it H-Shem? Isnt everything?

No one says it's easy. I daven to be able to feel it.
As far as traffic goes, you know the famous joke about the guy desperately circling for a spot, starts to make bargains with G-d and just then, someone pulls out. He says, "Thanks, G-d, but it looks like I don't need you in the end."

When someone is mean, do I automatically think, this is from Hashem? No, I but want to. I want to remember the shiur I went to where the speaker says, Your neshama needed this and the obnoxious person was just the tool.

As far as Trump, I don't know if he's the shaliach to help us because I don't know what the ultimate plan is. Take the Purim announcement about the Golan. I don't think it had to do with Netanyahu as much as his advisors telling him what a symbolic day Purim would be for it. This all makes the "we have a friend in high places" narrative all that much more seductive. Of course we have to have gratitude to the shaliach but we have to balance that with "at tivtechu b'nedivim."

But back to your question, Is it Hashem? Yes. Isn't everything? Yes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics