Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Inexpensive frum childrens store?
1  2  Next

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:36 pm
Due to extenuating circumstances, I dont have time to shop around (macys, gap, s and d kids, etc) to get my girls clothes for yuntif and spring.

I want a one stop shop experience, where I can easily find dresses that are long enough, shirts that are elbow length, and skirts...but I also want to not spend a fortune.

Which Jewish store is my best bet?

I vaguely recall a thread where someone mentioned a store similar to clover (which at the boro park location is just teens and ladies) for kids--anyone know the name?

I usually can get great camp tshirts at junees for about $10 each, but I've never shopped there for yuntif. Is that a good idea? The website doesnt have a grea selection, but I can go in store.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:39 pm
I think you mean designer’s spot, 13th ave. bet 38 and 39.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:39 pm
Junee is not inexpensive

erm

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:41 pm
kidichic

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:45 pm
Designer spot
Kidichic
Childrens outlet in Monsey
If you want to shop online,
Nextdirect
H&m
Nordstrom rack
Century 21

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:48 pm
Tottini
Kidchic
Designers Spot

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:58 pm
Thank you for all the replies! Yes, I think the store I remembered from another thread was designer spot. I really appreciate those who answered (and so fast!) .

I think I'll go to designer spot, and maybe kidchic and junees (prices seem comparable on websites) if I need more stuff.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:04 pm
Lulukidsclothing.com

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:05 pm
Lulu back room. And their regular prices, while not cheap, are still very affordable.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:18 pm
Junees is expensive.
Your best bet is
Kidichic
Designer Spot
Lulu
Tottini for boys (they're bigger on weekday for girls)

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:32 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Lulu back room. And their regular prices, while not cheap, are still very affordable.

What/where is this? I prefer in store, as I likely wont be able to handle shipping things that dont work out back and will end up taking a loss on them

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:35 pm
It’s in the store. Merchandise from last year. Decent stuff.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
What/where is this? I prefer in store, as I likely wont be able to handle shipping things that dont work out back and will end up taking a loss on them

4313 14th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11219

They also have a brand new website: https://www.lulukidsclothing.com

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:54 am
Peopke selling online or from home

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:06 am
amother wrote:

Lulu caters to a chassidish style. So does Childrens Outlet although I do very well there for basics like skirts and robes and it doesn't sound like you're heading to Monsey.
Designer spot is great for younger kids I find there's very little choice for the bigger kids.
Kidichic might not be as cheap but if you're looking for one stop shop it's probably a good choice.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:29 am
I definitely think what you're looking for is Designer Spot. It's across the street from Clover and for sure under the same ownership/management. It's a good one-stop destination, at the other places mentioned you have to pick through between full price, sale, and hit-or-miss clearance but at Designer Spot it's basically consistent lower-end prices. Sure you can do better on clearance at the other stores but if you're looking for simpler and more direct, the odds of finding exactly what you need on clearance are very slim in my experience.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 11:53 am
From my limited experience in looking around Junee jr and kidichic, kidichic was much more affordable across the board in all categories

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 5:57 am
Hi, everyone, I'm the OP.
Thank you to everyone for their suggestions, just wanted to update with results!

I went to designer spot, kidichic and junees. Posters on this thread were definitely correct in saying that junees price points were higher than I recalled.

I bought shabbos robes at designer spot for under 40 each, as well as one weekday dress that was 25 each. I didnt find the majority of the store to be particularly affordable or discounted- certainly nothing on the scale of clover.

I found great t shirts, skirts, headbands, and nicer weekday outfits at at kidichic, surprisingly affordable (though I am a bit worried about how they will wash and wear-- recommendations welcome!!). The shabbos stuff was more expensive, and mostly white/light colors, which doesnt work for my kids! I was actually pretty amazed that people spend that much on what for my kids would essentially be a disposable outfit! I also went to both locations (coney island and 13th ave) and found that 13th ave was better stocked, though staff was helpful at both (also both were super super busy, but thats what I get for going sunday afternoon!).

I didnt get anything at junees.

For shabbos/yuntif, I walked into a store across from kidichic called "perez" or "peretz", I don't recall. They had shabbos dresses and outfits in the $25 to $40 range that worked out just fine for me. Nothing white or light colors, nothing that was super super stylish, but very pretty practical scuba material dresses, for example. Plus they had shells to match when necessary, which saved me an extra stop.

Thanks for all the help!!

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 7:55 am
Thanks I'll be checking out Peretz then. I'm not so into scuba material, was there other selection?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:07 am
So happy you were successful!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries