Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New dining room table

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 11:55 am
Hi!
We got a dining room table and matching chairs in really good condition a few years ago from an older lady who was moving in an old age home.
I'm very careful with it clean it ect... The table is very unstable and shakes, it's getting hard to serve and eat on it.
I want to get a new dining room table that's strong and sturdy. Anyone have any ideas where I can buy it? I've never bought furniture before,
Also I'm worried that now the table won't match the chairs I guess I'll keep it covered always, does anyone else have this?
Thanks everyone!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 11:58 am
Accentuation by design has a sale in their Monroe warehouse. I did very well there two years ago. 11 foot table for 500

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:23 pm
Where are you located?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:25 pm
Staten Island NY

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:27 pm
We recently replaced our table but kept our old chairs. No, the wood doesn't match perfectly, but we keep the table covered all the time anyway so only the bottom of the legs are visible. It wasn't in the budget to replace all the chairs at the same time (actually the table was a free hand me down). It would probably bother me more if it was two very different styles, but this is just different stains of wood so I don't really mind.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
Accentuation by design has a sale in their Monroe warehouse. I did very well there two years ago. 11 foot table for 500

That's it? really? wow! you're giving me hope

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 2:25 pm
Another cheap idea in used to do is. Take a folding table and screw on a piece of wood over the top and keep it covered. It worked great. My parents have a 20 foot table this way (2 tables pushed together) and best part of it can be completely folded up when they have a simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries