Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
20 Clove Garlic Chicken in the Crockpot
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 11:57 pm
cozyblanket wrote:
Do you think this can be made for shabbos lunch? That means it is on the crockpot for about 17 hours. Would that backfire?

The bones will disintegrate and you'll end up with a mouthful Can't Believe It

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:02 am
ra_mom wrote:

I will take that as a no. Would it work with meatballs or a meat? I want something to serve the first lunch of pesach when it is also shabbos and heating food up is hard.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:04 am
cozyblanket wrote:
I will take that as a no. Would it work with meatballs or a meat? I want something to serve the first lunch of pesach when it is also shabbos and heating food up is hard.

I find that everything ends up tasting like cholent when it cooks that long. So I wouldn't.
Make something that's supposed to cook that long like yapsuk shredded potato meat dish.

nycgal

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:15 am
OMG I am so making this for supper tomorrow night!

sky

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:49 am
I don’t know if I ever posted this in this thread. I made this with rice in a bag. Took it for a Friday night supper on vacation in crockpot. It was amazing.

N'sMom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:03 am
It is heavenly, and for those who.asked, you don't smell like a garlic factory. The cloves mellow and get slightly sweet. Amazing. I once added a cup of lentils to it for a one pot meal. It was really good that way too.

smile12345

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This deserves its own thread.
Thanks TzipG for this awesome recipe!

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....icken
www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

6 chicken bottoms with skin, (I used 4)
1 large or 2 small onions, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper (I used less)
20 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact

Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert.
In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into crockpot, on top of the onion.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6.

(I cooked mine on low for about 8 or 9 hours.)

Do you still recommend his recipe? Or do you have a different crockpot chicken recipe that you prefer over this one? thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:52 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Do you still recommend his recipe? Or do you have a different crockpot chicken recipe that you prefer over this one? thanks!

This is delicious!

N'sMom

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 10:11 pm
It is amazing. You can also add small red potatoes or cauliflower for a one pot meal.

noosheen

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:09 am
Have a question about the garlic 😔
Omg. Can’t believe this is a 4 page recipe thread, mostly asking about the garlic!!

What are ‘peeled but intact’ garlic ?

Don’t they become un-intact when tossing them with other ing (as instructed in recipe?)

Thanks ra_mom, you rock!!

You are so patient and are always here to reply to anyone/everyone!!

Just as an aside.... would love to meet you IRL.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:11 am
noosheen wrote:
Have a question about the garlic 😔
Omg. Can’t believe this is a 4 page recipe thread, mostly asking about the garlic!!

What are ‘peeled but intact’ garlic ?

Don’t they become un-intact when tossing them with other ing (as instructed in recipe?)

Thanks ra_mom, you rock!!

You are so patient and are always here to reply to anyone/everyone!!

Just as an aside.... would love to meet you IRL.

Lol noosheen! Intact just means keep each clove whole, and don't cut into it, then the flavor will be perfect for this dish.

noosheen

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:34 am
Thanks!!
But you still peel the whole clove?
I don’t normally use fresh garlic Cz my hands always smell of garlic after handling it. I usually buy the crushed garlic in a jar, but I know it’s not the same as fresh

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:36 am
Are chicken bottoms just the thighs or the thigh and leg?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:52 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Are chicken bottoms just the thighs or the thigh and leg?

Chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks attached.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:53 am
noosheen wrote:
Thanks!!
But you still peel the whole clove?
I don’t normally use fresh garlic Cz my hands always smell of garlic after handling it. I usually buy the crushed garlic in a jar, but I know it’s not the same as fresh

Yes peel each clove. Use gloves!

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:26 am
This sounds amazing-- ra mom do you know if it would also work with white meat chicken? like if I used a mix of chicken legs and breasts (bone-in), not just the leg quarters? Because I prefer white meat over dark. I also like n'smom's idea adding small red potatoes to it for a one pot meal Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:37 pm
Odelyah wrote:
This sounds amazing-- ra mom do you know if it would also work with white meat chicken? like if I used a mix of chicken legs and breasts (bone-in), not just the leg quarters? Because I prefer white meat over dark. I also like n'smom's idea adding small red potatoes to it for a one pot meal Smile

You can use bone skin on white meat but cook on low for no longer than 6 hours.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I know this is an old comment. But fwiw, I make a chicken stew for shabbos lunch from time to time with dark meat on the bone - chicken thighs/legs. I first cook it on the stove before shabbos most of the way and then put it in the crock pot or put the pot right on the blech/hotplate right before shabbos and the bones certainly do NOT disintegrate. Its perfect. Not white meat, but dark meat is totally perfect.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:46 pm
watergirl wrote:
I know this is an old comment. But fwiw, I make a chicken stew for shabbos lunch from time to time with dark meat on the bone - chicken thighs/legs. I first cook it on the stove before shabbos most of the way and then put it in the crock pot or put the pot right on the blech/hotplate right before shabbos and the bones certainly do NOT disintegrate. Its perfect. Not white meat, but dark meat is totally perfect.

Doesn't work for us. We've tried it. The only thing we'll eat after being cooked for 24 hours is cholent or yapsuk.

mlc

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:55 am
I can’t wait to try this recipe! But I need a new crock pot.
Until then, Is there any way for me to make this recipe but slow cook in the oven?

Any ideas?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey