Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey commuting to Passaic girls school
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:21 am
Any details on that Passaic School that monsey girls commute to? All I know is that people love that school.

I’m chassidish, but can’t get my daughter into a school here.

Any details will be very appreciated!

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:32 am
I know a chassidishe girl from Monsey who goes there. She loves it. Their goal is to accept every girl who needs a school.

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:32 am
You can pm me & I will give you their name

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:06 am
Thanks dankbar! I’ll pm you.

Anyone know the name of the school? I’m that clueless!!!

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:13 am
I have no idea. Machon Ora? But it's not chassidish.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:15 am
It’s not chassidish at all! Transportation works out to be tricky some people do take there kids or pay a teacher to take them. There is a central carpool but it was full I had heard.

cookies6

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:18 am
There are also girls from Monsey who go to the Bais Yaakov.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:20 am
The school is not chassidish at all. I know a couple of families that send there and they're either ex chassidish, cool/modern chassidish, or problem kids. My neighbor teaches there and she takes some girls every day.
If you're a typical chassidish family, the school is not made for you.

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:40 am
amother wrote:
The school is not chassidish at all. I know a couple of families that send there and they're either ex chassidish, cool/modern chassidish, or problem kids. My neighbor teaches there and she takes some girls every day.
If you're a typical chassidish family, the school is not made for you.

You're talking about Machon Ora? The girl I know that went there isn't chassidish at all, and never was. She's not a problem kid either. She's just normal. Litvish. Not yeshivish. If that's the school you're referring to, I can't see how a chassidish girl would fit in there.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:44 am
I don't recall the name of the school, I can ask my neighbors. But there is one school in Passaic where girls from chassidish families atttend, but the school is not chassidish and a typical chassidish girl does not belong there.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:55 am
It’s just that we’re so desperate! It’s our last attempt before having to move our entire family back to Brooklyn Crying

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:07 am
May I ask why you moved before being accepted into a school?
Don't just send to any school because you're desperate & the school accepts whoever applies. A school has to be a right fit hashkafikally for a family.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:11 am
Machon Ora is supposed to be fantastic. It's a high school and OP doesn't specify if she's looking for high school or elementary... please clarify.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:20 am
I need an elementary school.

And I am asking here about the hashkafos of the school, amother ivory. I know zero about the place so I’m trying to do some research here.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:27 am
There are three elementary schools in Passaic. Not sure which one the Monsey kids go to. There's Yeshiva Ketana (AKA Bnos Bracha http://ykop.org/bnos_bracha), YBH (somehow I don't think there are many chassidish kids there https://www.ybhpassaic.org/), and the Clifton Cheder/BY of Clifton (small school, started out as Montessori style https://www.cliftoncheder.org/)

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:31 am
Yeshiva Ketana (YKP) has some (not a lot) Monsey girls whose parents were unable to get them into schools in Monsey. It's a community school. Think YSV 20 years ago. The few families I know from Monsey who send have some chasidish background, but the school is by no means chasidish at all.

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:41 am
The girl I know father is tosh & wears white socks. They send there because girl couldn't get into a school because mom drives. Girl does wear long hair, big hoop earrings, make up, colored socks & getting a permit to drive to fit into school among friends. So if you are ultra chassidish expect girl to do these things to fit into the crowd. Girl still considers herself chassidish & they still go to Tosh for yom tov.
There is a school in Monsey now for chassidish that do allow driving. Good luck.
Another family I know that moved to Monsey last year still has her 8 yr old girl home because she can't get into the school of her choice. She is supposedly homeschooled but I don't think full time. She has short learning periods with a tutor 2-3 times a week.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:50 am
Dankbar, it's called chassidish lite these days

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:32 pm
OP, the hashkafa of the shcool in Passaic does not align with a typical chassidish family. Unless your family is modern chassidish or ex chassidish.
I cannot fathom someone moving out without being accepted to a school & then be ready to just send to any school that accepts you.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
OP, the hashkafa of the shcool in Passaic does not align with a typical chassidish family. Unless you're family is modern chassidish or ex chassidish.
I cannot fathom someone moving out without being accepted to a school & then be ready to just send to any school that accepts you.

I graduated from a Chasidish school, and send my daughters to BY schools.
I find the hashkafas pretty much identical now that the BY schools have shifted to the right.
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics