Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Clean makeup brushes

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:35 am
How do you clean your makeup brushes, specifically if you are acne prone?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:38 am
Use Johnson's baby shampoo. Let dry on a clean towel. Ideally, once a month or so.

lone

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:45 am
Several sheets of bounty and alcohol .
Put alcohol on bounty and rub the brush around. No shedding and it disinfects for sure

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:47 am
There are many youtube videos about cleaning and disinfecting your makeup brushes.
As an MUA I dont find that baby shampoo works well at all for liquid foundation brushes, and neither does it disinfect.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:53 am
Most makeup artists I know use alcohol. That's what they do in department store makeup counters.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:28 am
Wet the brush. Place a drop of Dawn dish soap into the palm of your hand and gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
Wash it all out. Squeeze out water with clean paper towels then reshape brush head and allow to dry.
Also I'd rather buy less expensive brushes and replace more often.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:39 am
I like the solid brush cleaner from Sephora. Some of my brushes at older than some of the posters here!

Pink Flamingo

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
There are many youtube videos about cleaning and disinfecting your makeup brushes.
As an MUA I dont find that baby shampoo works well at all for liquid foundation brushes, and neither does it disinfect.

So how do you clean liquid foundation brushes?

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:44 pm
I use MAC brush cleaner - I also have a spray eye cleaner to clean between deep cleanings.

I use a silicone mat that has scrubbie portions that gently help clean my brushes. I got it from Sigma online.

To prolong the life of brushes, it is important to minimize water getting into the ferrule (the metal part which attaches the hairs). Ideally you should dry brushes upside down. I have a special dryer that I also got from Sigma which holds the brushes upside down. It also has shapers so that my large brushes are shaped together while they dry.

I invested in some expensive Wayne Goss brushes which I love so want to keep them going for as long as possible.

aliavi

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:05 pm
I use shampoo for my brushes and I swirl them on my hand under water until it rinses clean. Being cleaned helps stop spreading acne IMO not necessarily disinfecting the bristles. I dry on a clean towel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics