Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Looking for an online "chavrusa" for my son in high school

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 1:44 pm
My son is interested in finding an online "chavrusa" who would be willing to teach/learn with him about once or twice a week either via FaceTime or Skype. We live very, very far from any Jewish communities and he is missing our old life in NY where there was easy access to any number of rebbeim or yeshiva students who would be willing to teach him. He is interested in learning halachot or more about chassidus and is at a basic/intro level. Are there online forums (like this one!) where he can pair up with someone who would be willing to teach him? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Lizzie4

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 5:39 pm
Try contacting Oorah or Partners in Torah. They might be able to help even if it's not outreach

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:12 pm
Jnet may also be able to help, especially if the topic is Chassidut.

Is there a Chabad anywhere near you?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:13 am
There is a chabad about an hour away but they always seem very busy. The few times that we have been, there has been a flurry of activity and we unfortunately don’t know anyone else in the group, so we have kind of come and gone unnoticed. That is the primary reason I am looking into this myself as well - even the slightest connection to a Jewish community seems very far away (spiritually and metaphorically Wink). Thanks for the suggestions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics