Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Another interesting scenario I observed

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:36 am
A woman at a restaurant didn't stop crazy making. She wanted to get everything for same price. She wanted sesame chicken portion without the rice next to it & the Lomein portion without the chicken in it. This as main & Lomein as side but get it at same price as one portion. When the cashier refused to take her order that way....she started yelling at him that "You are so mean!"
When she got the rice...she was yelling at him with a large sesame chicken order, she would expect that the rice match, the amount of meat. Then she says Cole slaw is included in price? Right?
She was a laughing stock by the guys behind the counter.
What do you think?

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:41 am
Huh? Sorry, I don't understand why you are telling us this.

Scratching Head

crust

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:43 am
That she has a Learning disability.
If I'd have enough money on myself I'd pay for it.

nchr

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:44 am
I was not able to follow this story. Sometimes, however, restaurants offer to substitute salad or fries for rice. If someone does not want peppers in the lo mein, I'm sure the restaurant can accommodate. Yelling at workers is rude and inappropriate - I'm assuming she was having a hard day or a low sugar and has since apologized. Regardless, what is there to discuss here?

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:52 am
nchr wrote:
I was not able to follow this story. Sometimes, however, restaurants offer to substitute salad or fries for rice. If someone does not want peppers in the lo mein, I'm sure the restaurant can accommodate. Yelling at workers is rude and inappropriate - I'm assuming she was having a hard day or a low sugar and has since apologized. Regardless, what is there to discuss here?

Chinese food comes Lomein mixed with the chicken is one portion & price. Sesame chicken is a different dish. She wanted to combine half of one dish & half of another dish & be charged only as one portion. The way Chinese food is done it's made on the spot it's not like it is in the showcase & she can get how much she wants in the plate.

Watching this woman carry on was just so sad to watch & made a chillul Hashem for the nonjewish workers to watch. I'm just gonna be her dan, that maybe she had a mental illness if she was acting this way--yelling & screaming when they didn't want to accommodate her

soap suds

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:55 am
dankbar wrote:
Chinese food comes Lomein mixed with the chicken is one portion & price. Sesame chicken is a different dish. She wanted to combine half of one dish & half of another dish & be charged only as one portion. The way Chinese food is done it's made on the spot it's not like it is in the showcase & she can get how much she wants in the plate.

Watching this woman carry on was just so sad to watch & made a chillul Hashem for the nonjewish workers to watch. I'm just gonna be her dan, that maybe she had a mental illness if she was acting this way--yelling & screaming when they didn't want to accommodate her

If she does have a mental illness (or even if she doesn't), why would you post about her embarrassing behavior? Just to make fun of her? What was the point?

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:58 am
I just couldn't believe it how stingy people are with the money that she wanted to get everything but didn't want to pay for everything. I was being held up in the line for a long time while she was going on with her shtick.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:01 am
soap suds wrote:
If she does have a mental illness (or even if she doesn't), why would you post about her embarrassing behavior? Just to make fun of her? What was the point?

Agree
And soap suds, Hi glad to see you again!

soap suds

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:18 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Agree
And soap suds, Hi glad to see you again!
Hi

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:44 am
I felt bad for this woman. No self respecting woman would/should act this way.
If you feel thread should not be discussed you can lock it.

abound

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:18 am
whats up with you? Why are you starting mean threads abt people and then saying okay lock it. Whats your play here?

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:36 am
Nothing. I'm doing teshuva, since people don't like this thread I am feeling sorry & don't mind if it gets closed off. I don't want to aggravate anybody or be doing the wrong thing. If people think it's not appropiate it doesn't need to be discussed. That's all.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:39 am
I don't see it worse than any other thread because there are no identifying details here. Even I don't know the persons name it was just a very interesting scenario which I watched. Wanted to hear your opinion on it. People seem to be get upset though so it doesn't need to stay open then.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 5:08 am
maybe she needed all the food for that price and she did not have any more money.
please have more rachmanus for people.

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 6:11 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
maybe she needed all the food for that price and she did not have any more money.
please have more rachmanus for people.

She was getting the same amount of food - just rice instead of lo mein.

Why all this jumping on OP? Why don't the posters have rachmanus on Dankbar?

She saw something is is trying to process it. A lot of other posters have posted about pushy frum people. Why is this thread so different?

I have been on line, same as Dankbar, when frum people have acted as aggressive as this woman dankbar wrote about. It embarrassed me also.

Perhaps if Dankbar had labeled this as a vent or a PSA, then others wouldn't be so rude.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:01 am
I literally can not comprehend why people are jumping on dankbar. People post random things here all the time for whatever reason they want to. She saw a scenario and wanted to discuss it. Don’t participate in the discussion if you don’t want to. And when people start on with not embarrassing an anonymous person? Dankbar has no clue who this woman is, we have no clue who this woman. Nobody is getting embarrassed. Everyone try to chill a little bit.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:05 am
dankbar, I would have felt bad for this lady and would have felt embarrassed too. I totally get you.

One day I was at the dressmaker and a lady was crazy making and pushing the seamstress to go down cheaper and cheaper and really acting nuts. The seamstress (who is known for the cheapest prices around) agreed to go down a bit but said it wasn't possible for her to do such a large job for anything less than that. The lady kept arguing and acting really immature. After a few minutes I just couldn't stomach it anymore and told her out loud, stop making X crazy, you're making such a chilul Hashem. She was not happy about that. But I couldn't stay quiet and condone her behavior.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:48 am
Thanks for the people advocating for me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics