Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How will Brooklyn real estate prices change?
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:42 am
Nobody knows for sure where prices will go but it certainly seems like much more young first time buyers are choosing to move out of bklyn as opposed to moving in. I don't think this is debatable. It also makes sense. The prices are just way to high. The typically 30ish yr old couple buying their first house doesn't necessarily have 200k in cash for a down payment on an 800k house with 3 bedrooms, semi attached, with a share driveway. Even if they do have the money, many prefer to move out where they can get way more bang for their buck. Considering this, it stands to reason that proces might actually go lower in the coming years.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:48 am
There are so many new condos for sale in BP.
I can’t imagine they will sell for what the developers expected the selling price to be when they were in the planning stages.
For private houses on the market-I would not expect selling prices to drop significantly.
I do see that they don’t get sold as quickly as they used to.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:09 am
In Crown Heights prices have not dropped. They continue to rise as the non jews who can’t afford park slope are quickly buying the houses available. In addition, many Chassidishe men from Williamsburg are buying the run down and empty lots and are building studios or one bedroom condos for the non Jews. The Lubavitcher community can not afford these tiny overpriced houses. Many are moving out. The prices will only rise here.

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:56 am
I really don't think you can overlook congestion pricing in Manhattan when considering future real estate prices in Brooklyn.

https://www.brownstoner.com/sp.....klyn/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries