Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Need quick and simple salmon fillet recipe

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:34 am
I have a frozen salmon fillet in the freezer I'd like to prepare today. (I'm trying to use up what I have so I can defrost the freezer and start stocking up on the Pesach stuff I need).
Does anyone have a simple salmon recipe I can make in the oven with maybe two or three ingredients like honey, garlic, etc.
Thanks.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:38 am
Mix honey, soy sauce and apricot jam. Pour over salmon. Bake for however long you like to bake salmon (my kids like it burnt so I overbake)

simba

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:41 am
You can spice it with salt, pepper, garlic, dill and paprika. Spray with Pam and bake at 375 for 20-25 min.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:45 am
Juice of 1 orange (the original recipe called for lemon, but I was out of lemons, and we like this better)
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 pounds salmon fillets

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients and pour over salmon. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with dill sauce.

emmes

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:48 am
My favorite is, easy and quick, is to squeeze a little lemon, olive oil or a bit of mayo, sprinkle either Montreal steak spice or lemon pepper, or both, or any spice you like. Bake 450-500 for 12 to 15 min. The fish equivalent to a sizzling rib steak....

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:01 am
Apply Schwartz dill dip or plain mayonnaise and then sprinkle with everything spice. Bake the way you usually prefer.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:03 am
Sprinkle salt
Paprika
Garlic powder
Olive oil
Lemon juice

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:13 am
Original Mikee sesame teriyaki sauce. Yummy and easy.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:14 am
Peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic powder and ground ginger. Bake at 200 for 15 minutes.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:20 am
Just honey, mustard, and then whatever else you feel like using
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5473

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:12 am
Can someone tell me if I have a 2 lb. salmon fillet I am baking in oven at 425, should it be covered or uncovered?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Can someone tell me if I have a 2 lb. salmon fillet I am baking in oven at 425, should it be covered or uncovered?

Uncovered about 25 min.

yksraya

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:52 am
Slice onions thinly, put into pan sprinkle with salt and oregano. Put salmon fillet, sprinkle some salt and oregano. Pour tomato sauce over fish, sprinkle some salt and oregano and drop sugar (optional) spray or sprinkle a bit of oil. Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hr. Uncover and broil for 5 min.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:57 am
For fresh salmon, you can do just about anything to it.

If you are using defrosted salmon, you really need to seal in the moisture or it will come out dry and tasteless. You must use honey or mayo, at the least.

My favorite, fool proof salmon is thinly sliced onions, mushrooms cut in half, and cover the whole thing with honey.

Bake until just done, and then let it sit for several minutes before cutting into it. This is also delicious cold to be served at lunch.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:57 am
Coat with mayo. Spices. Top with crispy onions or minced garlic

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:31 pm
yksraya wrote:
Slice onions thinly, put into pan sprinkle with salt and oregano. Put salmon fillet, sprinkle some salt and oregano. Pour tomato sauce over fish, sprinkle some salt and oregano and drop sugar (optional) spray or sprinkle a bit of oil. Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hr. Uncover and broil for 5 min.

1 hour for salmon? Way too long in my opinion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen