Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jussie Smollett and the two tiered justice system
Previous  1  2  3  4

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:04 pm
simcha2 wrote:
This doesn't apply to federal cases. It's county law. It's not even state cases.

But ignoring the factual errors, the victims crimes but illegal immigrants are being treated the same as victims of crime of citizens. Low level misdemeanors aren't being prosecuted when justice can be served in other ways.

If this is true then why bother saying anything about immigration status? And what happens if DHS or ICE shows up?

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:12 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
If this is true then why bother saying anything about immigration status? And what happens if DHS or ICE shows up?

How could it apply to federal, she's a county DA?

Because she wants victims of crime, regardless of their status, to turn up to court.

Because she believes local supercedes federal (which is actually a conservative viewpoint) and people should have to answer for their local crimes, which they can't do if they get deported.

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:32 pm
simcha2 wrote:
How could it apply to federal, she's a county DA?

Because she wants victims of crime, regardless of their status, to turn up to court.

Because she believes local supercedes federal (which is actually a conservative viewpoint) and people should have to answer for their local crimes, which they can't do if they get deported.

This paragraph has nothing to do with victims of crime, in fact it seems like it is just the opposite, that victims of crimes will not get justice if the perp is an illegal alien--
Quote:
With the assistance of immigration counsel, our office will begin to factor into all charging and sentencing decisions the potential of immigration consequences. I have also directed ADAs that motions filed after a conviction that are based on defense counsel’s failure to provide accurate advice about immigration consequences may be assented to (after full review) when it appears that doing so would be in the furtherance of justice.

So I ask again why bother talking about citizenship status if illegal aliens are being charged/prosecuted the same way that citizens are being charged/prosecuted?

What about justice for citizens who are victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens?

What happens if DHS or ICE shows up?

Why are illegal aliens above the law?

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:39 am
Any predictions on how the Smollett case will develop?

Things are getting interesting.

Kim Foxx, the prosecutor who dropped multiple felony charges against TV star Jussie Smollett, justified her conversation with Tina Tchen, the former chief of staff to former first lady Michelle Obama aide who emailed Foxx to say Smollett's family was concerned about the police investigation.

Tchen also later texted with a relative of Smollett's and told them she convinced Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson to reach out to the FBI to ask, "that they take over the investigation."

Foxx, according to reports, later texted a family friend of Smollett's that she "spoke to the [police] superintendent earlier, he made the ask. Trying to figure out the logistics."

The person responded, "Omg this would be a huge victory."

"At the time that I spoke to the family member, the superintendent knew that I had spoken to the family member," Foxx said during an appearance on CBS Chicago. "I had shared with him the conversations that we had, and the concerns that they had, and it was the same day that the superintendent went on television and affirmed that Jussie Smollett, at the time, was a victim, and had no reason at that time to suggest otherwise," she added.

Foxx added there was "no attempt, whatsoever, to influence the outcome of this case."

Tchen in a statement said her "sole activity was to put the chief prosecutor in the case in touch with an alleged victim's family who had concerns about how the investigation was being characterized in public."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfr.....9048/

Fox

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:48 am
Mevater wrote:
Any predictions on how the Smollett case will develop?

Act I
Some sort of federal investigation will be launched to shut the police union up. Jussie Smollett will resume his acting job but stay out of the limelight in Chicago. Lori Lightfoot will be elected mayor and will do her best to drive out any businesses still left. Toni Preckwinkle will do "consulting" for Cook County. Tina Tchen will claim to know nothing about anything.

Act II
The federal investigation will find that SA Kim Foxx behaved inappropriately but not illegally. They will tell her not to do it again. The police union will claim a small victory. It will get about 10 minutes total of news coverage.

Act III
Kim Foxx, who is currently being reviled, will lay low for a few years and be rewarded for taking the bullet that allowed the Democrats to move the Mueller report out of the spotlight. She'll be given a plum job at the national level for the DNC.

BTW, the second clip shows Rafer Weigel, a local reporter who is highly respected. His late father, Tim Weigel, was also a respected journalist, and he grew up around old-school Chicago reporters like Studs Turkel and Mike Royko.

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 1:13 am
Fox wrote:
Act I
Some sort of federal investigation will be launched to shut the police union up. Jussie Smollett will resume his acting job but stay out of the limelight in Chicago. Lori Lightfoot will be elected mayor and will do her best to drive out any businesses still left. Toni Preckwinkle will do "consulting" for Cook County. Tina Tchen will claim to know nothing about anything.

Act II
The federal investigation will find that SA Kim Foxx behaved inappropriately but not illegally. They will tell her not to do it again. The police union will claim a small victory. It will get about 10 minutes total of news coverage.

Act III
Kim Foxx, who is currently being reviled, will lay low for a few years and be rewarded for taking the bullet that allowed the Democrats to move the Mueller report out of the spotlight. She'll be given a plum job at the national level for the DNC.

BTW, the second clip shows Rafer Weigel, a local reporter who is highly respected. His late father, Tim Weigel, was also a respected journalist, and he grew up around old-school Chicago reporters like Studs Turkel and Mike Royko.

Will the fact that some democrats are looking shadier and shadier as time goes on, possibly including Her Royal Highness Obama, coupled with the fact that many are uncomfortable with the Democratic party's shift to the extreme left, have any effect on the 2020 election?

1untamedgirl

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:00 pm
Squishy wrote:
It's worse than that. They learn how to work the system. Broken window policing is a mainstay of police departments since it was shown to work in the 90s in NYC. If you can't enforce the laws against one group of people, they will only push the boundaries further. Then more serious crimes increase. Tell all the angel mothers whose families were murdered by illegal immigrants your reasons why laws shouldn't be enforced.

The illegal immigrants I know live illegal lives. They habitually break municipal ordinances on housing causing legitimate tax payers to carry them. They don't pay their income taxes. They illegally access services when they are working off the books. It nauseates me reading thread after thead of poor American frum women who can't afford dental work while we give it away to thieves. We need to take care of our own before we drain the system for uninvited folks.

NY is now changing the laws to help illegal aliens avoid evictions-- https://www.law.com/newyorklaw.....4Jnfs

I don't know why American citizens are so passive about this, they should start suing for discrimination before they end up losing everything to illegal aliens.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics