Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Kosher food to tel hashomer hospital tonight?

tsc3

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:26 pm
Does anyone know someone who can deliver food kosher to tel hashomer hospital tonight? Big chessed, no restaurants from bnei brak deliver.
Please PM me

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:29 pm
Israeli hospitals don’t provide food for their patients? Yikes

bamba

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:33 pm
in tel hashomer there is a shopping centre that has coffee shops and restaurants.
You should be able to pick something up there.
Afaik hospitals in Israel do serve food!!!

tsc3

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:33 pm
I guess the ppl are more makpid than the hechsher the hospital provides.
Just realized I shouldn't have posted kosher food, but mehadrin. My bad, was in a rush.
Looks like we found someone to deliver for tonight, but if anyone has other ideas, or mehadrin restaurants that would deliver, please post. Thanks.

heidi

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:36 pm
I pm'ed OP but just for the record, Tel Hashomer provides 3 kosher meals a day to their patients.
In addition there are loads of kiosks and restaurants all with hasgacha, at least one restaurant is mehadrin.
Also, Ezer Mitzion brings around mehadrin food during the day (patients have to request at the nurses station).
Additionally, the maternity/gynecology ward dining room offers mehadrin food at all 3 meals. Their regular food is, of course, kosher.
No one has to go hungry at Tel Hashomer.

tsc3

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:39 pm
Didn't read the PM yet, just wanted to clarify that I was arranging this for friends, don't know anything about tel hashomer. All I know was that our friends hadn't eaten supper and I was asked to try and arrange.
Thanks everyone!

someone

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:40 pm
I don't know what hechsherim they eat, but in the food court inside the hospital itself, not the mall, there are a bunch of restaurants that are mehadrin. I don't remember what hechsher but we are pretty fussy about hechsherim and we ate there. There is also a supermarket in the mall where you can buy packaged food with good hechsherim.
Also, when my husband was hospitalized there a couple of years ago there was a man who runs the shul there who I think also gives out food during the week (maybe sandwiches, I don't remember) and definately on shabbat. He gives out full shabbat meals to anyone who wants, it was incredible to see.

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:10 pm
Who likes hospital food anyway?

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 3:34 am
Saw this too late but also writing it for anyone who'll ever need it:
As a regular volunteer in TH children:
-Ezer Mizion gives out sandwiches & rugelach at night, and have a coffee stand in the morning- I think floor ד (not to be mixed up with floor 4)- not sure about the floor though.
-There are usually baked goods in the family room on floor ג at night
-There are always nice people in the shul that can help you with food. I think they might keep bread there regularly.
-You can order Badatz Y-m airline meals from the nurses/כח עזר (all above food are also bdtz y-m)
-As mentioned, the maternity ward has badatz. They never let me eat there though...
-Lots of the food that is given out is in closed packaging with good hechsherim. The nurses are sweet and will help out if you ask- they can bring cheese, cornflakes etc. if it's available.

Another 2 things- there are lots of organized rides who don't mind bringing something along, especially from Bnei Brak.
-You can try to pm me, if I'm available lots of times I know people who are there already and can share their food (or anything else)

I don't know alot about adult wards though.

tsc3

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:13 am
WitchKitty wrote:
Saw this too late but also writing it for anyone who'll ever need it:
As a regular volunteer in TH children:
-Ezer Mizion gives out sandwiches & rugelach at night, and have a coffee stand in the morning- I think floor ד (not to be mixed up with floor 4)- not sure about the floor though.
-There are usually baked goods in the family room on floor ג at night
-There are always nice people in the shul that can help you with food. I think they might keep bread there regularly.
-You can order Badatz Y-m airline meals from the nurses/כח עזר (all above food are also bdtz y-m)
-As mentioned, the maternity ward has badatz. They never let me eat there though...
-Lots of the food that is given out is in closed packaging with good hechsherim. The nurses are sweet and will help out if you ask- they can bring cheese, cornflakes etc. if it's available.

Another 2 things- there are lots of organized rides who don't mind bringing something along, especially from Bnei Brak.
-You can try to pm me, if I'm available lots of times I know people who are there already and can share their food (or anything else)

I don't know alot about adult wards though.

Wow thank u so much!
That was super super helpful. I will definitely PM u if they need anything else.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:49 am
tsc3 wrote:
I guess the ppl are more makpid than the hechsher the hospital provides.
Just realized I shouldn't have posted kosher food, but mehadrin. My bad, was in a rush.
Looks like we found someone to deliver for tonight, but if anyone has other ideas, or mehadrin restaurants that would deliver, please post. Thanks.

As far as I know all the hospitals in this country will provide mehadrin/bedatz meals upon request. Bare in mind they are like airplane food. In addition they can request to speak to the hospital mashgiach. Even when the over all hechsher is rabbanut ragil, many things like tye raw fruits and vegetables, packaged yogurts, cheeses and breads are mehadrin it bedatz hechsherim. I’m speaking as someone who lives here and only eats mehadrin or bedatz. Hope this helps. Edit: I realized I wrote everything that was already said 😂. I also forgot about Ezer Mitzion which a lot of people mentioned.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics