Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
First Choice baby food jars

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 10:46 pm
Do people really use this?

When it first came out about 3 yrs ago, I bought a jar for my baby and it was spoiled.
I did try again and the next time it wasn't spoiled but the texture was strange to me.
So, I just didn't buy it anymore. Always felt bad... wanted to support a frum company.

I accidentally bought first choice today. Not what I meant to take off the shelf. I opened 2 jars of carrots. Not for a baby, for a recipe that called for pureed carrots. They both smelled funny but since I put in all the other ingredients I just poured it in. When I tasted the raw batter it tasted like that smell the jar had. I baked it anyway. I just tasted a little of the finished product and it is horrible! I'm so upset that I wasted my ingredients and my time. I figured that after 3 yrs they perfected their product. What is wrong with it? Has anyone else had this issue with this company?

If you had a positive experience with this brand please post so others can read. I'm not trying to take business away from this company. Just frustrated right now after I stayed up late to bake something that will have to get thrown away. (btw I make this recipe often with beachnut and it always tastes great)

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:21 pm
I know what you mean....
I don't like buying the veggie jars from first choice. Their fruit jars are ok though. The apple blueberry is very good! I mix it with plain rice cereal and it's better than beach nut Apple blueberry.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:46 pm
I tasted the blueberry-apple. I have to say I liked it. Lol. My baby only likes the fruits. So I dunno what to tell you. Maybe the veggies from this company is the issue and not that my baby doesn't like veggies. I couldn't compare it to beech nut cuz I don't use beech nut baby jars.

mommyfirst

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 12:26 am
Carrot jars from First Choice smell stale and metallic. I also tried making carrot muffins using them and it was a disaster. Someone should definitely tell them !

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 1:49 am
Interesting, I only use first choice jars, and am very happy! My baby loves them all, (besides for the turkey and chicken ones.)

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:38 am
There is a very big variety of kosher Gerber and beach nut baby jars.

Mommyfirst the first time I opened it and saw the cover inside isn't the same color as the veggie I tasted then promptly dumped it. Yuck.
I use beach nut for the carrot muffins but then I can't share or offer it to guest because where I recently moved to, most of my neighbors and family don't eat ou. And my Dh doesn't like carrot muffins.... So I get to have most for myself LOL

working hard

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 10:08 am
I use the first choice chicken. My baby eats it almost daily.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:03 am
Bumping this up U would like to call the company anyone know a contact number or email adress? I dont find a number online

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:11 pm
I hope they are good, because I just bought about 30 jars to use for my baby over Pesach!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:44 pm
I edited it. I am also planning to use them pesach I just need the phone number

abaker

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:10 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
There is a very big variety of kosher Gerber and beach nut baby jars.

Mommyfirst the first time I opened it and saw the cover inside isn't the same color as the veggie I tasted then promptly dumped it. Yuck.
I use beach nut for the carrot muffins but then I can't share or offer it to guest because where I recently moved to, most of my neighbors and family don't eat ou. And my Dh doesn't like carrot muffins.... So I get to have most for myself LOL

What's the issue with regular old ou on baby food?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:20 pm
Many chassidim don't rely on OU for hashgacha, only chassidish hechsher.

abaker

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:28 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Many chassidim don't rely on OU for hashgacha, only chassidish hechsher.

I've heard that but never really understood it.I keep pas yisroel, bishul yisroel, chalav yisroel...but plain ou on applesauce or baby food is fine for us. It's just that they don't trust the ou? So there's pasta, oatmeal, everything with a chassidish hechsher?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:50 pm
Yes, but some basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, and oatmeal they will use with an OU.

abaker

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:03 pm
Thanks for clearing that up for me amelia bedelia (I love those books by the way.)

newmom6

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:01 pm
just want it put out there, I have tasted their baby food-its now in tubs and they are all fresh tasting. really awesome, especially the pouches which my 2 little ones can not get enough of.

I think I'd recommend trying them again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen