Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Wedding gift question

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:00 am
I'm going to a relative's wedding. Very yeshivish family, tristate area (not NYC). About an hour of travel for me. At least 4 hours of babysitting.
I am not rich and people know this, but I'm not destitute either BH and I want to do the right thing and help the new couple.
How much do I give?

Second question: Same family made another wedding a short time ago that I did not attend (timing/location did not work, plus it was a son who I never even met, even though I would be celebrating with the girls and women of the family it's not the same as this next one where I actually know the kallah.) Is it icky for me to give a monetary gift to one couple and not the other? Should I give something to the couple that got married last week when I go in for this wedding?

I'm so clueless about these things. I got married long enough ago that I have no memory at all of how much people gave us.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 3:10 am
If you are short on money , buy a gift from a store like Ross where you can get some nice looking kitchen ware for cheap. You don't have to give a monetary gift. Anything for the house is ok.
If you didn't attend the other wedding , no reason you have to give a present unless it's a close relative than I would for shalom bayis.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette