Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Pesach lists for Israel?

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:18 pm
I'm making my first Pesach in Israel. Is there something comparable to Blumenkrantz or the Star K guide to use for buying different products?

2gether

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:49 am
the Badatz has a guide, I think they sell it at Shanky's, maybe at some groceries or sefarim stores

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:36 am
I'm not from the US, so I don't know Blumenkrantz or Star K lists, but in Israel, kosher supermarkets go completely kosher for Pessach and the Pessach hechsherim are printed on the products, if that helps...

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 6:02 am
Even disposables and toiletries have hechsherim on them. For your cosmetics and medication, use the guide or ask your Rav.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:38 am
I think Meuchedet prints a booklet of medications.
All Kupot Cholim have a hotline you can call about medications- they'll be advertising the numbers soon.
You can call Badatz with most questions, the number is 026700200.(They speak mainly Yiddish, and know Hebrew, no English)
And for toiletries and such, lots of them are in R' Blumenkrantzs book, since they are international companies.
Lots of soaps and things say kosher l'pesach on them.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:41 pm
I find it funny that as a MO kid the only thing I was responsible for to get ready for Pesach was scrutinizing my shampoos and hair mousse bottles for questionable ingredients.
Now living in Israel as a charedi, we don't do any such thing.
Just don't season your brisket with your Pantene conditioner and you're good to go

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:58 pm
WastingTime wrote:
I find it funny that as a MO kid the only thing I was responsible for to get ready for Pesach was scrutinizing my shampoos and hair mousse bottles for questionable ingredients.
Now living in Israel as a charedi, we don't do any such thing.
Just don't season your brisket with your Pantene conditioner and you're good to go

I know this is an old post but I just came across it.
I think it’s important to check shampoo, toiletries and cosmetics. Even though you’re not eating them, you still can’t have chometz in your possession. One year I was very overwhelmed before pesach with lots of guests. I just had a baby and I didn’t check the shampoos. A guest let me know that one shampoo had oat listed and another one had wheat listed 🙈 .

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:02 pm
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
I know this is an old post but I just came across it.
I think it’s important to check shampoo, toiletries and cosmetics. Even though you’re not eating them, you still can’t have chometz in your possession. One year I was very overwhelmed before pesach with lots of guests. I just had a baby and I didn’t check the shampoos. A guest let me know that one shampoo had oat listed and another one had wheat listed 🙈 .

(Just so you know, there are opinions that shampoo is not Ra'ui Le'achilas Kelev and therefore not a problem.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions