Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Need ideas for in home basement business

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:18 pm
I’m bh building a house in Brooklyn and I set aside some precious space in my basement for a business. I originally wanted to rent it to chassan and Kallas who need temporary furnished apt. But now I’m thinking- what about a store. Or renting it out to another business. Like shaitel Macher or playgroup. Trouble is, shaitel machete generate hair everywhere and playgroup destroys the place. Any other ideas? I would love to make a nice amount of cash a year on this. I can either open something myself or rent it out to someone. Or is chassan kalla very profitable? Would love options and opinions. Thanks!!!!!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:21 pm
I take my son to a little private therapy space in someones basement: a group of therapists rented it out and alternate days- is that an option?

honeymoon

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:23 pm
How about renting it to Amazon sellers? Or anyone looking to do their quiet computer work in an office away from home? I know there is a demand for these cubicle sized offices in Brooklyn.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:24 pm
Love both ideas!!!!! How do I go about advertising the space for either of those things. And wjats the going rate

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:25 pm
I wouldn't worry so much about minor damage like having to repaint or having hair on the floor. My main concern would be how disruptive it is to whoever is living right above the basement- noise, foot/ car traffic related to the business, loss of privacy.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:26 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Love both ideas!!!!! How do I go about advertising the space for either of those things. And wjats the going rate

I guess maybe someone else can chime in: I’m just the client. I can tell you how much I pay the therapist- 150 for 45 minutes.. yowzers!!

honeymoon

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:28 pm
cookiewriter wrote:

Advertise very specifically in order to target only the people who are seriously interested. Otherwise you'll get a barrage of phone calls of people who are calling "just to inquire."

The price will depend on the size of the office, whether you are providing internet or not, and the location.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
I guess maybe someone else can chime in: I’m just the client. I can tell you how much I pay the therapist- 150 for 45 minutes.. yowzers!!

Her question is how much the therapists are paying to rent the space.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:36 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Her question is how much the therapists are paying to rent the space.

Yes- sorry about that... was just thinking it must be a lot😧

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:37 pm
Op here. I also would love to hear ideas about a business I can open there myself. Any very profitable ideas- ie layette linen gift store?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:39 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Op here. I also would love to hear ideas about a business I can open there myself. Any very profitable ideas- ie layette linen gift store?

Dunno which location youre at but name street in brooklyn closed down and we miss it! Even if youre not around here I think its a nice idea- personalized gifts

honeymoon

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:41 pm
cookiewriter wrote:

The ideas you mentioned are great!
If you want to start out with no investment how about doing exercise/yoga classes?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:48 pm
honeymoon wrote:
The ideas you mentioned are great!
If you want to start out with no investment how about doing exercise/yoga classes?

Exercise classes probably play loud music all day and want to have early morning sessions. Will that be ok with you?

I'd prefer hair on the floor.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:53 pm
It’s not very roomy
Yoga with maybe 8 ppl max
Could work maybe

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:54 pm
I don’t mind music in am. And I would love to take the classes (for free!)

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:03 am
More than hair on the floor, a shaitel macher uses a lot of water and electricity. You could end up with exorbitant bills. (I know because my aunt rents her basement to one).

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 11:41 am
Wow I didn’t think of that

mfb

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
Dunno which location youre at but name street in brooklyn closed down and we miss it! Even if youre not around here I think its a nice idea- personalized gifts

Someone on instagram called giftmagicians wrote that she now does personalization on gifts she sells

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:30 pm
mfb wrote:
Someone on instagram called giftmagicians wrote that she now does personalization on gifts she sells

Thanks so much mfb- I need some gifts!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:58 pm
I just want to chime in and say that I am currently trying to rent out renovated office space in my basement- sep entrance etc in Monsey and having a difficult time... I would suggest a apartment as there is alot more demand for that. Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers