Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bingo coupons - can someone explain
1  2  Next

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:59 pm
I got a pamphlet in the mail with Bingo coupons. says it comes off automatically. Does that mean off the sale price or that the sale price is that amount discounted. For example a case of 9x13 was 14.99 today. Will more come off the sale price? Can someone please clarify?

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:12 pm
Call the store to find out.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:25 pm
What pp said.
Also, make sure to give them your membership card!! My husband was recently there and they didn't ask him for his card. He forgot to give it and didn't realize at the time but they didnt give him the sale prices Sad

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:50 pm
Wow I don't think there are membership cards or coupon books in Brooklyn.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Wow I don't think there are membership cards or coupon books in Brooklyn.

just Lakewood has

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:56 pm
Is that to make you feel like you're getting better deals? Is it a membership like Costco where they get money from you that way?

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:
I got a pamphlet in the mail with Bingo coupons. says it comes off automatically. Does that mean off the sale price or that the sale price is that amount discounted. For example a case of 9x13 was 14.99 today. Will more come off the sale price? Can someone please clarify?

I think the sale price is already the discount

Kumphort

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:19 pm
Bingo has membership. I signed up and got the email but as other posters said. Their coupon book is just their sales. It could be that because they didn’t implement the membership idea when they first opened in Brooklyn they are not as strict about needing membership but because Lakewood opened after this concept they are more strict there

boat

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Is that to make you feel like you're getting better deals? Is it a membership like Costco where they get money from you that way?

They don't charge for membership.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:34 pm
thanks all. so just to clarify. KP cream cheese is 2.99 on sale now. When it says an amount off in their pamphlet it means off the original price and 2.99 is the final price you will pay with your membership card?

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 3:06 pm
Bingo does have a membership card in the Brooklyn store.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:20 pm
The coupons are activated automatically with the card
I think when they have yellow member only pricing signs it already includes the coupon discount.
Unless things changed from when I was there last.

sub

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:33 pm
They are not coupons. These are the prices for bingo card holders
It’s the same in any store( rite aid, shoprite etc)
To get sale price or discount you need (free) membership. It’s a gimmick stores use to get return customers
In otherwords if you don’t have a membership card to swipe- you pay regular price

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:36 pm
Thank you for clarifying. So I understand now that the price in the store is the price you pay and the booklet in the mail was meaningless. If anyone finds out otherwise please let us know so we can all be educated costumers. I find their prices are great was just trying to clarify if they are discounted further

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:37 pm
They are doing this because they don't want to send out a pamphlet with their actual sale prices since there is massive competition here with all the grocery stores now. this way, people know the price is cheap so will just go there and buy instead of comparing to all the other advertised sale prices.
so is the 'hock' in lakewood.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:38 pm
Everything is priced as marked in the store (possibly more $ without the card!). I was in the Lakewood store yesterday and nothing was marked with yellow "member only" signs. There is no additional coupon off the posted sale price. Keep in mind that if something is on sale "4 for $3" you must buy 4 or it will be regular price (unlike other local stores that give you a prorated discount).

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:45 pm
did anyone actually buy one of the advertised items and see that its the price of the sign and not discounted further?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:48 pm
yes I did!
Prices in the coupon booklet ARE discounted from their regular prices, and they have some really great sales. For example, the linen which is $60 off is $89 now- they were selling for $150 a few weeks ago. The manual hot water pump pot is on sale for $19.99 regular price is 34.99, case of platic cups is 7.99, reg price 10.99.....tasters choice coffee is 4.99, dz eggs 75 cents, 2l olive oil 7.99

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:49 pm
mommybrr wrote:
Everything is priced as marked in the store (possibly more $ without the card!). I was in the Lakewood store yesterday and nothing was marked with yellow "member only" signs. There is no additional coupon off the posted sale price. Keep in mind that if something is on sale "4 for $3" you must buy 4 or it will be regular price (unlike other local stores that give you a prorated discount).

Just got back from Bingo. There ARE a few specials that require membership but not too many. I saw seltzer, for example, that said member price was lower.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:53 pm
I went to customer service to ask how the coupons work because 1 item advertised in booklet wasn't marked with a sale price and the lady told me that the coupon book is just to let you know that they have sales and bring you into the store. She said that there are NO further discounts than what it marked on the signs in the store. She them showed me on the register how the items will scan at the price marked in the store.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries