Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Really nervous about moving

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 3:59 pm
We are moving to University Heights in Cleveland this summer and my stomach is turning over in knots. I have lived in my hometown since I was born. I am scared because this is a big change. I hope I can make friends.hope my kids will be happy....Almost in tears!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:39 pm
It's definitely a big change, and takes time to settle in and adjust. But one thing I can tell you is that everyone in Cleveland is really nice, and BH my kids have so many friends and are so happy! We moved here this past summer. The hardest part for me is being so far from the tristate area and the family and opportunities there. But cleveland itself is great Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:48 pm
We are also probably moving to Lakewood this summer from a small out of town community with one day school. I am also crying alot from anxiety. My fears are mostly about the adjustment to school for my sweet, naive, out of towner kids. I am terrified of making the wrong choice for them... What are you worried about specifically?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:52 pm
What is bringing you to Cleveland? What school will you be sending your kids to? Cleveland is a very easy city to live in. But moving to a new place is not easy, regardless of the place. If you have any specific questions we can try to be of help here.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:22 pm
I am nervous going away from all I know. I am nervous about change that my stomach hurts. My kids are going to Hebrew Academy. I am worried taking a leap into the unknown. I am friendly but shy...would I make friends here?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 8:13 pm
Totally understandable. If you describe your family and style a bit I can try to give you suggestions of how to meet people that could potentially be friends. What’s bringing to you cleveland? Will you be working? What shul do you think you’ll be joining? What street are you moving to? You don’t have to answer all these questions but just give a general idea. There are always lots of newcomers to Cleveland.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 8:18 pm
We consider ourselves yeshivish but openminded to different type of people. I already have a job in Cleveland apnd my dh is finding one. Don't know which shul we are going to, we are looking to rent a house.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 8:26 pm
Unless your job can support your family do not move here without your husband having a job! Too many people have done that and the results have not been good. Cleveland has a poor job market unless you are in the medical field and a few others. It will just make your adjustment more difficult. There are also not that many rentals available anymore. Have you visited for shabbos yet to try our different Shuls and get a feel for anything? I’m not trying to make you more nervous than you are already but just giving you some info to try and make this smoother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating