Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What colors will be IN this spring/summer?
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 5:03 pm
aricelli wrote:
Like those combinations. Good luck doing it!

Thanks so much!!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:33 am
Here’s how the first batch turned out - thanks for all the advice!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:55 am
Very nice! What kind of cord are you using? Where do you buy your beads?

Are you going to sell them on Etsy?

I found some coral beads at Michaels. Although strangely enough they call them pink.
I'm not sure yet what I will do with them

Though I have made a necklace with these from Fire Mountain Gems (I have a shirt with these colors)

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 7:10 am
Thanks! I got them from a bead store on Etsy. The cord is satin nylon with breakaway clasps that withstand being tugged, so good for mommies with little kids, plus the beads are fun for kids to push around and some of them are food-grade silicone like on a teething necklace.

I choose my own jewellery based on what I think will last around my kids so that’s where I got the idea for these!

I thought I would see if people in my community were interested and maybe try to sell them online too - although I really should be focusing on Pesach cleaning at the moment! But this was more fun lol.

Those Fire Mountain beads look pretty cool!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:52 pm
Fire Mountain is way too much fun. And the biggest problem is that to get the best price you need to order 100 items. I do that about once or twice a year.

Artbeads.com has some very nice things though a little more expensive. They have great sales on Griffin silk sometimes (20 or 25% off).

I've gotten some nice spacers from Adabele on Amazon but they have their own website.

And there's nothing like Michael's sales - this week all 5.99 beads are 1.79! (I'm so proud of myself - I made an order for $36.74 including $6.95 shipping but I didn't just order another few items to get to $50 free shipping. Isn't that the worst?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 6:59 pm
Ooh, thanks so much for the tips! I would love to check those stores out... but I’m trying not to buy any more beads until I make at least one sale! Hopefully soon!

So are you a seasoned jewelry maker? You seem to really know your stuff.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 7:30 pm
I do it for fun, for myself (one necklace to match every outfit?) and family.

Some ask why I don't sell but I don't consider myself all that professional.

Anyone who wants to learn an easy method of stringing pearls or any beads, see

aliavi

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:12 am
aricelli wrote:
I love coral! Hope to see more coral makeup as well- looks good with my freckles!
Havent seen coral in the jewish stores yet

Yes! Like Benefit Galifornia blush.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 1:43 am
amother wrote:
Here’s how the first batch turned out - thanks for all the advice!

Amother, can you PM me? Or post here. How much would you sell one of those for? DD has a plain white Shabbos top that needs color but she's on the conservative side. These would be perfect.

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 1:51 am
DrMom wrote:
Yes, they are an organization that gets together and decides which colors will be "in" for fashion, home decor, advertising, etc. each year.

It's all rather bizarre that this handful of people makes these decrees for the entire world, and all these designers listen to them.

Attention lemmings: This year, the Pantone Institute has decided that Living Coral is THE color of 2019.
https://www.pantone.com/color-.....-2019

Piffle.

They have Violet listed for 2018.

How many people either decorated or wore Violet recently?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 3:17 am
groisamomma wrote:
Amother, can you PM me? Or post here. How much would you sell one of those for? DD has a plain white Shabbos top that needs color but she's on the conservative side. These would be perfect.

How exciting! So I opened a store on Etsy and am selling them for $15 (with free shipping in the US). Here’s the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OGBabyJewels
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics