Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Meat paring knife, plastic handle, dairy dishwasher

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 5:43 am
Hi all,
I feel like this is a stupid question, but we rarely make these mistakes in my house so I am out of practice.
My LOR is making a simcha and if I need to bother him I will, but if anyone knows factually, please advise.

Meat paring knife- stainless blade, plastic handle. Was clean, hasn't been used for meat in a couple of weeks, only used for vegetables (snow peas and cucumber) - has been used for meat and been in the meat dishwasher in the past). Was inadvertently put in the dairy dishwasher and the dishwasher was run- with detergent.

Is my knife garbage? It is not expensive, just really like that one. (It was like $2 but still my favorite go to after 20 years)

I appreciate anyone answering if they know.
Thank you and have a great Shabbos

chicco

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 5:47 am
That's super annoying Sad

We've had these questions in the past, and everyone gives their opinions, or their Rav's psak, and honestly, you can't listen to anyone. So many times a rav will ask specific questions about your case that can truly make this scenario different, even if it seemed black and white from the get go.

If your LOR is busy, find someone else to ask. Also, a rabbi is always on call, and if not, he leaves someone else in charge.

Good luck.

You could always hold on to the knife and not use it till the Rav becomes available.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen