Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Robo calls -how to stop

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:26 am
I have been getting more robo calls in the last 2 weeks than ever before on my iPhone.
They are from out of the country.
Slovia, Lithuania, Burundi.....
And, at all hours of the night!

How do I make them stop?

Any tips?

Thank you

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:31 am
Do you you have a chatty toddler at home? Hand them the phone, and walk away. Let you child have a nice long chat with the caller. That usually stops them. Turn your ringer off at night.

I used to call DD the "sonic pest control". Very Happy

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:01 am
Very fun/ cute idea. No toddler. Also, there is no real person on the other end.

Can the phone company block international calls? That would solve a lot. Everyone I know in Israel, has an American phone number which they use when calling.

Amarante

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:36 am
There was actually an article in yesterday's paper on how to stop this because evidently they are becoming a plague. I received an incredible number about two weeks ago - literally one after the other - all trying to get me to give up my Apple ID information. I could tell because my iPhone has transcription of voice mails so I can read the voice mails they left.

I don't have the article in front of me but I can post it if anyone is interested and I will find it again.

Your phone carrier has phone Spam blockage. Depending on what service you use, it is either automatic or needs to be turned on.

You can also block the numbers. I don't know if this helped but I kept blocking every number that I knew was Spam and eventually the tidal wave of Spam calls died down. Now I am down to a trickle of one or two a week.

There are also actual Apps you can download which claim to do a better job of filtering than the filters for the phone company. The article tested the various Apps and made recommendations. I didn't really study the recommendations because my Spam problem is back down to just a trickle but if anyone is feeling deluged, I will post the article.

The technology now is amazing because they are able to sometimes duplicate "real" phone numbers so they look authentic.

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:56 am
Thank you Amarante!!!!

I would appreciate if you could post/ share the link to the article. I will study it on Sunday and then apply ALL the strategies. It is really out of control.

I really appreciate the assistance.

Amarante

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 11:02 am
BatyaEsther wrote:
Thank you Amarante!!!!

I would appreciate if you could post/ share the link to the article. I will study it on Sunday and then apply ALL the strategies. It is really out of control.

I really appreciate the assistance.

Here you go

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....f2b09

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:06 pm
Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics