Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Weight Watchers thread
Previous  1  2  3

hello 1

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 3:17 am
Squishy wrote:
This is my first week on WW. I am doing a frum meeting and the app. Where's the kosher group on the app?

Thanks

If you go into the app and into groups, you will find a group called kosher.

Where is there a Frum WW meeting?

T

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:39 am
This week is my 6 month also. I hit 32 pounds loss. I have a long way to go until goal (another 35 pounds) but I'm really proud of myself.
The past few weeks I've been struggling. More junk in the house since Purim, and the erev pesach insanity makes it harder to plan and execute good meal choices if I'm serving more macaroni, pizza, sandwiches, and Frozen stuff to my family.
But I try. Every day.
And I've learned portion control. 1 slice pizza is more than enough. Then salad.
So yay me.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:49 am
hello 1 wrote:
If you go into the app and into groups, you will find a group called kosher.

Where is there a Frum WW meeting?

T

In Monsey. Are you interested?

I am logging in WW and Myfitnesspal. I don't understand the fitness points.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:51 am
amother wrote:
This week is my 6 month also. I hit 32 pounds loss. I have a long way to go until goal (another 35 pounds) but I'm really proud of myself.
The past few weeks I've been struggling. More junk in the house since Purim, and the erev pesach insanity makes it harder to plan and execute good meal choices if I'm serving more macaroni, pizza, sandwiches, and Frozen stuff to my family.
But I try. Every day.
And I've learned portion control. 1 slice pizza is more than enough. Then salad.
So yay me.

Yay you!

I fill up on salad first. I found that it helps to do the opposite.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:55 am
amother wrote:
Wow wow!! Good for you!!!
You stayed completely on plan?
Exercised?

I’m back on now - trying WW though with cutting out sugar. Finding that sugar craves sugar by me.

That’s fantastic that you lost so much in so little time!!!!

Thank you! I did stick to the plan with the exception of a couple of days here and there. I was very determined LOL Baruch Hashem it paid off! And I really feel like it helped me curb my bad eating habits, even on "off" days. I didn't exercise much but I'm adding it in now - I want to lose those last 2 pounds before Pesach.

amother wrote:
This week is my 6 month also. hit 32 pounds loss. have a long way to go until goal (another 35 pounds) but 'm really proud of myself.
The past few weeks I've been struggling. More junk in the house since Purim, and the erev pesach insanity makes it harder to plan and execute good meal choices if 'm serving more macaroni, pizza, sandwiches, and Frozen stuff to my family.
But try. Every day.
So yay me.

Yes yay you!! That's fabulous! Trying to clean out my pantry and freezer is challenging. That macaroni mocks me LOL

Squishy, welcome aboard and good luck! I totally missed the post about the kosher group on WW, I'll check it out.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 7:03 am
Squishy wrote:
Yay you!

I fill up on salad first. I found that it helps to do the opposite.

But that's kind of what I mean that im proud of reteaching my brain.
I stopped needing to use those "tricks" first water, salad, etc.
Ive worked really hard to mindfully sit down and enjoy my slice of pizza and then I have no tayva.
I'm able to eat one slice of challa on Shabbos and not feel the need for a second at all.
So yes I've lost weight much slower than others, and there's so much left.
But the skills are lifetime, and I don't really feel deprived.

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
But that's kind of what I mean that im proud of reteaching my brain.
I stopped needing to use those "tricks" first water, salad, etc.
Ive worked really hard to mindfully sit down and enjoy my slice of pizza and then I have no tayva.
I'm able to eat one slice of challa on Shabbos and not feel the need for a second at all.
So yes I've lost weight much slower than others, and there's so much left.
But the skills are lifetime, and I don't really feel deprived.

It's not a trick, but whatever works for you - keep doing it. You are doing great. It isn't a race.

Nature has the substance in breastmilk after the watery stuff to satiate hunger. Notice how restaurants serve. The salad is first and desserts last.

On Shabbos, I bring out the fish quickly so there isn't so much challah eaten. People can fill up on a healthier option. I make traditional fish and a healthier recipe.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:32 am
I went to the meeting today and im exactly 10 kg down! (thats about 20 punds) Smile hurrah!!!
it took 14 weeks
I dont know my goal yet, maybe 2 more kg?
Ill discuss it with the coach after pessach

I think freestyle is the best ww programme, u concentrate on delicious food, selfcare, continuity, accountability, fun and I personally have hardly any issues with hunger/binge eating/cravings.

also I love how well it is adjustable and applicable with a kosher lifestyle-

Smile

R&RMom

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:09 am
A great Weight Watchers breakfast idea: Overnight Oats

1 banana sliced-0
2 packs of oatmeal-0
1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk- 0
1 packet splenda- 0
2 tablespoons pb2 powder- 1

mix and refrigerate overnight. the whole thing is 2 points (on purple, btw) and keeps me full for hours
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise