Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
How/who to hire for music project?

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 9:40 am
How would I find someone to take a song I wrote and make it more presentable/professional sounding, but still keep the feel I intended for the song? What is a fair price and how long should I expect it to take?

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 11:14 am
Hi, Kiwi (btw, are you actually an NZ-er?)
Sorry for the delay since you posted, but I just noticed it now. I would be happy to collaborate on your song. If you're interested, here are a few preliminary questions:
How many verses does it have, and are you satisfied with its length? What is the theme?
What style or music is it in (eg, folk, pop, ballad)? What is the rhythm? (I don't know enough about music to categorize songs more precisely than 3/4 vs. 4/4. Other rhythms just complicate my thinking.)
I have composed a few new tunes to old words, new words to old tunes, some with both original music and lyrics, and songs on secular themes. But all four of those categories put together don't add up to the 80+ singable translations I've done of already existing songs.
So let me know if this message is still relevant to your project. To answer your most relevant questions, I can have a "more polished" version of your song within a week, and I am prepared to charge no more than chai US dollars (I'm Canadian).
Hope to hear from you. Regards,

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:28 am
Choirmistress wrote:
Hi, Kiwi (btw, are you actually an NZ-er?)
Sorry for the delay since you posted, but I just noticed it now. I would be happy to collaborate on your song. If you're interested, here are a few preliminary questions:
How many verses does it have, and are you satisfied with its length? What is the theme?
What style or music is it in (eg, folk, pop, ballad)? What is the rhythm? (I don't know enough about music to categorize songs more precisely than 3/4 vs. 4/4. Other rhythms just complicate my thinking.)
I have composed a few new tunes to old words, new words to old tunes, some with both original music and lyrics, and songs on secular themes. But all four of those categories put together don't add up to the 80+ singable translations I've done of already existing songs.
So let me know if this message is still relevant to your project. To answer your most relevant questions, I can have a "more polished" version of your song within a week, and I am prepared to charge no more than chai US dollars (I'm Canadian).
Hope to hear from you. Regards,

Thanks so much for replying! Can you send me samples of your work? I haven't done much with my music in the past few months, but this makes me want to start up again. :-)

Choirmistress

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 11:58 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Thanks so much for replying! Can you send me samples of your work? I haven't done much with my music in the past few months, but this makes me want to start up again. :-)

Thanks for the delightful surprise in my workplace inbox! I get so few chances to correspond by email with fellow Jews! Anyway, down to the business of responding directly to your questions:
Sorry, no, I can't send you "samples" of my work because at this point they are all locked inside my head. That's been one of my three or four biggest problems in recent years. All that music stored up with no outlet because at this point, I can neither read nor write sheet music. What I can do, however, is sing them to others. My plan at the moment is to start a choir the members of which would present my songs, first in a public first-time-ever performance for women only, and then after that to their fathers/brothers/husbands/sons. If you would care to pm me with your phone number, I could sing you one or more of my songs over the phone. You would have to excuse my sporadic hoarseness, but at least you would get the gist of whichever song(s) you would like to sample if I read you an alphabetical listing of the titles. And yes, I am imagining all my songs with both melody and harmony lines. I'm afraid I don't have, in front of me as I type this, the double-sided sheet with that categorized list, but if you're still interested in collaborating, I shall reprint it for reference. I could also send you a copy as an attachment to my next reply.
Thanks again for your interest.

Vintage

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 12:41 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
How would I find someone to take a song I wrote and make it more presentable/professional sounding, but still keep the feel I intended for the song? What is a fair price and how long should I expect it to take?

Hello Again!

I'd be happy to take a listen and give you some feedback on what it needs.

Just let me know!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts